What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan5

Reaction score
I didn't even think about the climate control. I just finally did the gauge cluster in blue. Are the climate control soldered?
Yep, same idea. The bulbs on the CC board are soldered through the board, so make sure your soldering iron has a fine tip so you can melt out the old solder through the board, then the LED pins stick right in and you solder from the back. I had to use a solder remover on some of them. (one of those little plastic suction things, melt, suck, melt, suck, til it was gone.)

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, same idea. The bulbs on the CC board are soldered through the board, so make sure your soldering iron has a fine tip so you can melt out the old solder through the board, then the LED pins stick right in and you solder from the back. I had to use a solder remover on some of them. (one of those little plastic suction things, melt, suck, melt, suck, til it was gone.)

I use one of these for de-soldering. The tip is hollow and heats up the solder, then you push the button for the sucker to work. Might take two times to remove the solder but it typically does a nice job of freeing the component pins.

diLucca

Reaction score
I use one of these for de-soldering. The tip is hollow and heats up the solder, then you push the button for the sucker to work. Might take two times to remove the solder but it typically does a nice job of freeing the component pins.

Nice, at school many years ago, I have to heat up with solder gun, and then quick go on with suction device.

Nice to have all in one :)

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
These can be a little cumbersome, having to reset the pump lever in between sucks, but more convenient than the plain solder suckers since they can heat the entire solder connection. I have a couple of those, too, that get used occasionally (but not often).

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Used a smoke machine on the evap system, found a leak near the fuel pump but couldn't tell exactly where. We lowered the tank a bit to be able to see things better but didn't have to disconnect any lines. Thought it might be the fuel tank pressure sensor but we put some air to the system and the pump gasket is leaking. It was new almost two years ago with the AC Delco Pro pump, so kind of a mystery as to why now. Have to check on a warranty replacement but even without that it shouldn't be bad for cost. Just the hassle of dropping the tank and swapping out the gasket. Wonder if anyone uses any kind of sealer on the gaskets?

Logan5

Reaction score

Oh nice! I am definitely getting one of those.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used a smoke machine on the evap system, found a leak near the fuel pump but couldn't tell exactly where. We lowered the tank a bit to be able to see things better but didn't have to disconnect any lines. Thought it might be the fuel tank pressure sensor but we put some air to the system and the pump gasket is leaking. It was new almost two years ago with the AC Delco Pro pump, so kind of a mystery as to why now. Have to check on a warranty replacement but even without that it shouldn't be bad for cost. Just the hassle of dropping the tank and swapping out the gasket. Wonder if anyone uses any kind of sealer on the gaskets?

That's odd. Isn't it just a thick O-ring? Maybe some debris is stuck between it and the flange. Whatever you use, be sure it's impervious to gasoline. Not much is.

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't think I've ever used anything to remove solder except copper braid. That's just how I was trained.
Did you have any polarity issues with the LEDs on the CC board? Just wondering if I need to test before I solder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar