What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s saying it lost communication with your obd2 port, probably the same thing that keeps happening with your Tech2. I think you have an issue where your obd port is losing connection. Might be a messed up terminal in the connector or something where it’s losing a connection.

I had that problem with my BB tune and I ended up pulling the radio and chms (chimes I think) fuses. Then it started communicating fine. FWIW

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had that problem with my BB tune and I ended up pulling the radio and chms (chimes I think) fuses. Then it started communicating fine. FWIW
Yup. This is what i was talking about a couple months ago. I have to pull the radio fuse, because it’s an aftermarket HU, as well as 2 fuses for the remote start box.

One of these days, I’ll make the remote start fuses easier to get to...

So Tony, in order to log data, as well as install any tunes, you’re likely going to need to pull your radio fuse at a minimum. That’s pretty much expected with any aftermarket HU.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. This is what i was talking about a couple months ago. I have to pull the radio fuse, because it’s an aftermarket HU, as well as 2 fuses for the remote start box.

One of these days, I’ll make the remote start fuses easier to get to...

So Tony, in order to log data, as well as install any tunes, you’re likely going to need to pull your radio fuse at a minimum. That’s pretty much expected with any aftermarket HU.
I have never had to do that with either of my trucks using the Autocal but in order to program modules with the Tech2 I have. If you run into errors though you should try that. @Tonyrodz was getting that error code because the Autocal wasn’t hooked up to the obd port, he had it connected to his laptop only. I’ve logged and installed 8 or so tunes with all my aftermarket accessories still powered up on both my 02 and my 08.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never had to do that with either of my trucks using the Autocal but in order to program modules with the Tech2 I have. If you run into errors though you should try that. @Tonyrodz was getting that error code because the Autocal wasn’t hooked up to the obd port, he had it connected to his laptop only. I’ve logged and installed 8 or so tunes with all my aftermarket accessories still powered up on both my 02 and my 08.
Lucky bastard

ETA: I should have said, it’s common, rather than likely.
Although.. in @Tonyrodz case....

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, for me it's time for the engine drain. Since the last one, I have only covered 3600 miles :bawl:. That said, I made a lot of short trips (moving from a friend, brought my firewood).
How many miles do you make between drains? I've never done more than 4850 miles

View attachment 275389
By “drain”, I’m assuming you’re talking about oil changes / intervals...?

I only use full synthetic- was Mobile 1, recently switched to AC Delco dexos 2 motor oil.

But either way, I change my oil prematurely often..!
I pretty much always change it several hundred early on that interval..

ETA: and by interval, I go by the old school 3000 mile interval, even though I use full synthetic oil, and supposedly, this engine has, it’s whole life.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401