What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just got in and drove it. Spend enough time and money asking sure she gets taken care of to be reliable!

Same here, keep her in good shape, ready for a road trip. Took mine up to Glacier NP in 2019 pulling a camper, around 2400 miles round trip. No issues except for a fuel pump hiccup on the last day.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. I need a nice road trip myself.

EDIT--Idk if I'd trust the Hoe tho.:(:mad:

Gave you an opportunity to make 3 stops across the country! Still waiting on my pizza! Lmao!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was gonna say, I still haven’t got my pizza!

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my tie rods yesterday, and had it aligned today. Taking an 800 mile round trip to MO soon and wanted everything to be perfect. These tie rods have been on the truck over 6 years, and around 110,000 miles on them. Only signs they were aging was leaking grease boots, but tire wear has been fine. This will be the third set I've had on the truck: the originals, and now this will be my second set of MOOG replacements.

3-1-2021 9-30-44 AM.jpg

Last edited:

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought a picture of the old versus new might be interesting. I did have to use a torch to loosen up the inner tie rod from the center link, but it didn't take too much to get it to turn.

View attachment 272265

Looks like their design hasn't changed any between the years. The old ones don't look to bad.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like their design hasn't changed any between the years. The old ones don't look to bad.

Agreed. I mainly did them because 1. I'm a freak about vehicle maintenance and 2. the grease leaking out of the boot was enough for me to justify spending a few bucks and a couple of hours to get it done and out of the way.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019