What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not my hoe, but the SS camaro again, got my circle d triple disk 3400 stall tc installed yesterday. then got the tune for it installed... got to say these cars should have come like this factory.

also had a issue from day one since i picked it up. they either forgot, or intentionally didnt tune the brake tq management file. why i had a dead gas pedal when in gear stopped on the brakes.

seems the new cam put the brake tq higher then stock would like, maxed that file out and i can now brake and gas it up on the stall. will also break the tires free like butter. some say they dont like how it takes a bit more gas to make it get moving under normal driving, but it feels great to me, puts the rpms right in the heart of the cams power band. hwy speed it locks up like normal at @ 70 mph im @ 1800 rpm. like normal.

i did one wot pull to 100 mph, this is my normal speeding area and so i know where it used to hit 100. id say it hit 100, 3 or 400 foot sooner now. took my friend with a hell cat for that ride, from 50 on he was giving me the whoa whoa whoa hand lol im like your scared? mr i did 170 mph in my cat lol his car feels like its planted to the ground. we spun into 2 nd and 3 rd gear, and i just laid into that gas pedal like it owed me money lol

cant wait to put boost to it, as is right now, its the most fun ive ever had with my cloths on.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I went to Kragan Auto Parts for a smog pump on my '88 GMC. ( 2002?)... After the 3rd defective pump ( threads for pulley were wrong).... Kragan sent my phone # to Carbone. Michael Cardone Jr. actually called me & the production manager was also on the line. Mr. Cardone had a 'personal - built' smog pump built for me that day. He was determined not to have that problem again.
I was impressed.....

That is cool, but it would be great if they had the right part in stock at the parts store.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is cool, but it would be great if they had the right part in stock at the parts store.

( If I understand your quote correctly)

Uh, the smog pump was the correct re manufactured part. It had incorrect pulley holes... Threads were done bad, or missed fixing during the reman process...... ( All 3, in a row I tried )
But I finally ended up with a good one.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
( If I understand your quote correctly)

Uh, the smog pump was the correct re manufactured part. It had incorrect pulley holes... Threads were done bad, or missed fixing during the reman process...... ( All 3, in a row I tried )
But I finally ended up with a good one.

By "right part" I meant one that was made (fully) correctly and fit properly. It doesn't seem like there should be that many in a row that were not properly remanufactured or quality controlled. One "wrong" piece can make the whole unit unusable.

iddqd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Oreillys since they built a new store close to me. The people working there are heads and shoulders above the Autozone clowns. In actuality, I use Amazon Prime almost exclusively, Rock Auto occasionally, eBay seldom and mostly for used parts, and Oreillys as a last resort mostly for basic supplies I need that day or loaner tools.

O'Reily is the closest one to my house, so I buy there coolant and some misc parts that I need RIGHT NOW. Engine oil I usually buy in Walmart, their prices are always the lowest (for Mobile 1 Full Synthetic High Mileage), and free delivery on orders over $45. So, 4 cans of oil ship free. Unfortunately, Walmart does not ship coolant, heance I have to go to oreily. Oil filters are usually from rockauto. But rockauto charges state sales tax now, so their price advantage almost gone (even with their 5% ongoing discount code). It often times cheaper to buy from eBay exactly the same part.

For all the rest (I almost always use Genuine parts with some rare exceptions), I compare FINAL TOTALS on rockauto, eBay and Amazon and go with the lowest price

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgjtools