What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the pan off. Letting the thing drip dry right now so I'm not catching the shit in my mouth.

Fluid looks good, no concerning smells or discoloration. Minor sediment on the magnets. Have yet to inspect filter, that's draining out too. Can make a determination on my service interval then. Sitting at 40k right now if I remember right.

I will say the included gasket I used last time ******* sucked. And that was an ac Delco kit. Came out of the box like a limp dick and came off hard and stiff. Minor weep at front of the pan, verified Bolts still held torque. Picked up a lube locker unit to replace

View attachment 227650 View attachment 227651 View attachment 227652
I've got a lube locker waiting for my eventual pan drop. I was gonna suggest that to you when I read the first part of this post. Seems like a great gasket.

Fluid looks great

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a lube locker waiting for my eventual pan drop. I was gonna suggest that to you when I read the first part of this post. Seems like a great gasket.

Fluid looks great
I’m going to use the same kit I used last time-ACDelco Professional. I need to do mine, it was supposed to be done 2000 miles after I installed the new trans and I just realized Im past that.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Oil change

Put the trans pan back up. Also changed the pickup tube gasket. I have to say, I was ******** myself a bit with that. Driving a pick into the bore is absolutely nerve racking

Sucked out the power steering fluid. Need to fill and bleed but I'll leave that one for tomorrow. For those of you who don't know, you get a hell of a lot more fluid out if you remove the return lines and hook up a vaccuum to them. For the hydroboost, pump the brakes. For the power steering, turn the wheel back and forth. Gets a solid 90 percent of the fluid out of the system. All that remains is what's stuck to the walls of the tubing.

Tomorrow's task: pick up a stiffer brush so I can wash the back side of my wheels proper. Fill up the p/s fluid. Change air, cabin filter, and do brake fluid. Need to give her a wash too but that'll have to wait. I have a buddy coming over and we need to do some work on his rig. That's getting tie rods, power steering box, trans pan gasket, lower ball joints, and a multitude of seals because the thing leaks water interior from nearly everywhere

Edit: filled p/s fluid. 1.3qts from dry system.

Also inspected trans filter, small amount of debris but still flowed well. Going to stick with current service interval

Last edited:

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the pan off. Letting the thing drip dry right now so I'm not catching the shit in my mouth.

Fluid looks good, no concerning smells or discoloration. Minor sediment on the magnets. Have yet to inspect filter, that's draining out too. Can make a determination on my service interval then. Sitting at 40k right now if I remember right.

I will say the included gasket I used last time ******* sucked. And that was an ac Delco kit. Came out of the box like a limp dick and came off hard and stiff. Minor weep at front of the pan, verified Bolts still held torque. Picked up a lube locker unit to replace

View attachment 227650 View attachment 227651 View attachment 227652
How many miles total on that tranny ? Fluid looks great .. mines do for a change soon also but it's nice color yet .. infact cleanest fluid I ever seen on a 177,000 mile rig . Previous owner must have changed it quite often. I pulled tranny dipstickes on rigs when I was shopping I looked at some were color of used motor oil it was all pretty horrifying .

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
How many miles total on that tranny ? Fluid looks great .. mines do for a change soon also but it's nice color yet .. infact cleanest fluid I ever seen on a 177,000 mile rig . Previous owner must have changed it quite often. I pulled tranny dipstickes on rigs when I was shopping I looked at some were color of used motor oil it was all pretty horrifying .

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
144 and some change, original trans

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts