What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you drive it down? I thought a shop in NY was doing the work. Nice.

Yep, drove it down on December 1st. Flew back yesterday and picked it up. Was hoping to drive it all the way home yesterday, but kept hitting snow storms so I stopped in Virginia for the night.

This is one bad mamma jamma tho!

EDBC6104-4887-4CD5-A9AF-803000FF7967.jpeg

Z71Tahoe2004

Reaction score
Anyone found a good solution for getting a new retainer ring (pictured above) in place? I bought a new one after I pried the old one off (I don't know how you do that without ruining it and preventing its re-use) for a new rear bumper install, but having a hard time getting it to fit. Are there other solutions for keeping that piece secure? Without the retainer ring, it jiggles. And I can't stand that.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Anyone found a good solution for getting a new retainer ring (pictured above) in place? I bought a new one after I pried the old one off (I don't know how you do that without ruining it and preventing its re-use) for a new rear bumper install, but having a hard time getting it to fit. Are there other solutions for keeping that piece secure? Without the retainer ring, it jiggles. And I can't stand that.

You talking about the spare access door ring? I don't see a pic. It is technically a single use item. There are guys that have bent each little tab back and gotten it to work again. Mine went back so-so. I have yet to install the new one as @Fosscore is forcing me to colormatch the door. Lol. Let us know if you come up with any insights.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645