What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so the cold finally hit me here in NJ and being im off all winter, neither car has been fired up or driven in a good 2 weeks now.

headed out to take my mom to a dr's apt and the hoe is stone dead. ok, ill take the regal, super slow crank hardly started. so im off to buy a new battery and looks like after testing ill be getting the regal a pro rated new one, it cant be 3 years old yet.

came back tried to jump the hoe, was on cables for 15 minutes, only got a slow crank out if it, no fire. crazy how a battery will be just fine then dead as dirt with out warning.
Most vehicles I’ve owned will have a parasitic drain that will significantly affect the battery after 2 weeks. Some faster than that. I keep them on a trickle charger whenever possible, or pull a cable off.

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did it drive in the snow? Those A/T's?

Yeah, I've got 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grappler AT's. They did awesome–just put it in Auto 4x4 and used the cruise control. It was almost a complete whiteout at times but the Tahoe was a tank!

Main reason I stopped for the night is that my eyes were getting tired from straining to see through the snow.

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grappler AT's. They did awesome–just put it in Auto 4x4 and used the cruise control. It was almost a complete whiteout at times but the Tahoe was a tank!

Main reason I stopped for the night is that my eyes were getting tired from straining to see through the snow.
Dont want to sound like a tool. But never use your cruise control in the rain or snow. Using cruise control in the snow, ice or even rain is dangerous because if your car hydroplanes or skids, it will accelerate and rapidly spin the wheels since it will be trying to maintain a constant speed. If this happens, it will be more likely that you lose control of your vehicle. The cruise control does not know that you lost traction. Just want to make sure you dont trash that awesome looking tahoe.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to clear my CEL codes yesterday and I couldnt get a scan tool to read on the truck (I just replaced the evap sensor on the intake manifold so i wanted to clear that code to see if it comes back)

I then did a little detective work and found that a penny in my cigarette lighter blew the fuse and the obd2 port and cigarette port share the same fuse. Swapped that fuse out and bam worked. Cleared the code...... but I found out I'm throwing the knock sensor code now.... one thing after another with this truck!!!

When will it stop!!!!!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Went to clear my CEL codes yesterday and I couldnt get a scan tool to read on the truck (I just replaced the evap sensor on the intake manifold so i wanted to clear that code to see if it comes back)

I then did a little detective work and found that a penny in my cigarette lighter blew the fuse and the obd2 port and cigarette port share the same fuse. Swapped that fuse out and bam worked. Cleared the code...... but I found out I'm throwing the knock sensor code now.... one thing after another with this truck!!!

When will it stop!!!!!
Those are typical. Probably corroded.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

When will it stop!!!!!

Valley cover gasket, knock sensors & harness, RTV mod, oil pressure sender if you haven't done it in the last couple months (lol), valve cover gaskets & paint job, plugs & wires....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n