What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this happened the other day, when the idiots from the city were collecting the trash they spilled paint all over the road and yup I must have just clipped the edge of it, so going to contact the city and hopefully they pay for the cleanup, either way I made an appointment for May 2nd for a multi stage paint correction and ceramic coating, I’m just glad I didn’t have the 22’s on yet

9c761c5990b45a8ff54dd7b66946cf7f.jpg

0a2d8dce9584d29c3587ed7f6f76f70e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The connectors the rear KS was dry rotted and toast.

That's why I ended up replacing mine. The plug crumbled into like 10 pueces when I took it off of the rear knock sensor. The actual wiring wasn't too bad, but I wasn't going to buy a new plug and splice it on when I could get the whole harness for not much more and, feel better about it.

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried that trans flush deal, unhooking that top trans line from the radiator. Wasn't the Hoe, but it was a 4L80 so it kinda counts:D. I used the drain plug--which worked--took all the fluid out that was in the pan, then dropped the pan and changed the filter. Put new fluid in, started it, pumped fluid out from the upper line, put more new fluid in. After 2-3 times, it was good to go. Imo, this is the best way to do it.
Must be the weekend for it because I did the same. I did the flush with filter change and replaced the corvette servo and also did the superior billet fourth gear servo.

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was that?
There was a heat shield I had to finesse to have just enough room to get it out. When I was trying to take the pin out to replace the second gear I had to file off the edge because it had a burr so it wouldn’t pull all the way out from the servo. After I was done I had a little trouble getting the pin lined back up into the slot.

When I did the corvette servo on another truck years ago I didn’t have nearly the trouble I did with this one. But I have a lot more room to work when I pulled the assembly out.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
So this happened the other day, when the idiots from the city were collecting the trash they spilled paint all over the road and yup I must have just clipped the edge of it, so going to contact the city and hopefully they pay for the cleanup, either way I made an appointment for May 2nd for a multi stage paint correction and ceramic coating, I’m just glad I didn’t have the 22’s on yet

9c761c5990b45a8ff54dd7b66946cf7f.jpg

0a2d8dce9584d29c3587ed7f6f76f70e.jpg

Dammit man, I hate shit like that, how much did they quote you for the paint correction and ceramic pro?

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dammit man, I hate shit like that, how much did they quote you for the paint correction and ceramic pro?

Same here I was pissed when I saw it, $500 and it’s a one year ceramic coating, once I get the front bumper replaced and deal with the rust that’s starting on the rockers I’ll go with a ceramic coating that lasts longer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwill205

Latest posts