What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
floor got wet again, this time its wetter by the console only damp by the door, up the fire wall bone dry. im really kinda lost on this one.

so i pulled my cowl off to see if that cover was open looking. it looked tight but i gave it a bead and smear of rtv, the foam was pulled off some on the top and left corner of the open hole in the middle, so i rtv'ed that back in place.

thats all the foam that was there, not sure if its missing or not, but it really dont look like anything was ever there.

this is to stop a leak 002.jpg

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Which bulbs did you change/use? And what are the plans for the others
These are the signals I used

Turn Signal White/Yellow Switchback LED Light Bulbs 22 SMD with Projector https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M9CXY2U?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Because they were a 6000k light, the daytime drive lights looks gross next to them, so I replaced them with these

Partsam Xenon White Backup Light Reverse Lamps Daytime Running Light DRL LED https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D8L3CKS?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

They aren't super bright, but bright enough, and look fine in the OEM housings. All this started because I had a turn signal blow, and a fog light blow. Used these for the fogs

LUYED 2 X 900 Lumens Super Bright Led Bulb Used For DRL or Fog Lights,Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EJIZUDU?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

I already have the reverse light LEDs and tag lights LED, just need to get the puddle lights, which I'm afraid to take apart because I'm sure they're gonna break. Also waiting on new tails before I install the LEDs there. So best situation, I find a set of folding NNBS mirrors, paint them uniform white, and put LEDs in em.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am realizing now that they are crap shocks! Still feel like I am driving on jello. Wondering what I should get. I still want the auto level in the rear.

Im running bilstein fronts with resistors and oem rears that were replaced by the previous owner. Maintained rear air ride. No warning messages.

How do your jounce stops look? Those make a big difference in the ride.

Genuine GM 15153958 Control Arm Bumper, Front https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GU99S7G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_S-BQAbQ8GTPQM

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
floor got wet again, this time its wetter by the console only damp by the door, up the fire wall bone dry. im really kinda lost on this one.

so i pulled my cowl off to see if that cover was open looking. it looked tight but i gave it a bead and smear of rtv, the foam was pulled off some on the top and left corner of the open hole in the middle, so i rtv'ed that back in place.

thats all the foam that was there, not sure if its missing or not, but it really dont look like anything was ever there.

View attachment 194705

That’s how it was from the factory I replaced mine with some new weatherstripping forget what size I used got it from Home Depot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s how it was from the factory I replaced mine with some new weatherstripping forget what size I used got it from Home Depot

I had the same issue on another vehicle. Same fix. Generic self adhesive rubber weatherstripping from homeless despot

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I had the same issue on another vehicle. Same fix. Generic self adhesive rubber weatherstripping from homeless despot

you both had wet pass side floor? my fire wall seems to be dry. no water leaking out the air box or behind it.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you both had wet pass side floor? my fire wall seems to be dry. no water leaking out the air box or behind it.

I never had that issue on that side had it on the driver side it was a bad door weatherstripping, I was replacing the wiper linkage and noticed that weatherstripping under the cowl was loose so replaced it

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Im talking about a different vehicle so may not be applicable but i have run into a similar problem where floorboards are wet but firewall is dry.

One other time on my jeep my heater core hose connection leaked and i had wet pass floor and dry firewall. That might be worth a look too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts