What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
@ArcticYukon

That's funny. You could have been in the posession of a perfectly reliable Tahoe this whole time.

Everybody should have a nice set of security bits on deck. Now you have a reason to purchase. No big deal, they have numerous app's

lol.... well, I've only been in possession of it since a couple weeks ago and the issue has only been going on about a week. No big deal really.

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Been a while since I updated, but that's because I got married, and went back to school. Haven't had time to do much more than keep it clean. In last two weeks, I changed both rear rotors (the old ones were warped from the time I bought the truck but used them until the pads were used up) and put on new pads and park-brake pads. And put LED lights in fogs, DRLs and a set of switchbacks in on the front signals. Didn't install the resistors right at the beginning, because I was in a hurry, but I installed them today. Everything works great, the lights look super nice, they switch off the clear light and only flash amber. But I've discovered a new problem now...

When the headlights are on, and the Signal is activated, it flashes amber once, then stays on. It goes back to clear on the front, but on the HUD and the mirror, the signal is activated. Is this just a matter of needing the LED compatible flasher module? If so, what one do we use, or does anyone have any experience with this?

Fixed the LED flasher issue with a new flasher control module

Novita LM487 Flasher https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001KS6GIG?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Then cut the resistors back off. No issues now.

Now when I unlock in the dark, I'm disgusted by how yellow the other lights are, so I guess I'll be doing a full LED conversion soon.

Last edited:

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a member on here a while back on IG that put an 02 Avalanche rear bumper on his ride and I thought it looked pretty cool...so I finally found one that was in pretty decent condition, painted it and mounted it last night. Definitely changed the look and not bad for $100 and some paint. I might put some LED reverse lights in it one of these days too.

00_tahoe_with_2002_avalanche_rear_bumper_back_view.jpg
00_tahoe_with_2002_avalanche_rear_bumper_rear_view.jpg ith_2002_avalanche_rear_bumper_passenger_side_view.jpg
2000_tahoe_with_2002_avalanche_rear_bumper_driver_side_view.jpg

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I saw a member on here a while back on IG that put an 02 Avalanche rear bumper on his ride and I thought it looked pretty cool...so I finally found one that was in pretty decent condition, painted it and mounted it last night. Definitely changed the look and not bad for $100 and some paint. I might put some LED reverse lights in it one of these days too.

00_tahoe_with_2002_avalanche_rear_bumper_back_view.jpg
00_tahoe_with_2002_avalanche_rear_bumper_rear_view.jpg ith_2002_avalanche_rear_bumper_passenger_side_view.jpg e_with_2002_avalanche_rear_bumper_driver_side_view.jpg
That looks pretty awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu