What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it fixed,... think it was secondary positive cable on battery,...odd though because truck would start fine! ..which is usually the largest draw,.. go figure.?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it fixed,... think it was secondary positive cable on battery,...odd though because truck would start fine! ..which is usually the largest draw,.. go figure.?

Thats good. Often weird problems with multiple issues are related to something like that grounds/battery/battery cables. I still end up chasing my tail most of the time before I check those though hah

MINIz guy

Reaction score
You know what? I just did the wash with a mitt, wipe down using PVA towel and hand waxed with Mother's Brazilian Carnauba. It looks nice for a few days but I don't care about that. My main concern is protection from the weather, ozone and tree sap most of all.
I used the clay bar on a project several years ago but I keep forgetting about that product & method. Say I get around to spending time on this truck in a few months again, what all should I do to it? I suspect that it will rain pretty regular for the next couple months but come June it will be around 100* everyday and I try to park under the trees to keep the truck protected from direct sunlight all day. I like for the finish to shed water extremely well but I don't feel like working on detail again any time soon.

I remember reading that if done properly from start to finish, a good sealant will provide protection for nearly a whole year. That's what I need
If all you want is protection, get a nice wax or sealant on the paint. I don't garage mine right now, so the protection is the only benefit.

I did the clay bar since my clear coat felt like sandpaper. Now it's really slick. I can still see plenty of swirls and light scratches since what I use doesn't contain any fillers/glaze, it's old school Danase Paint Sealant which you won't be able to find anymore.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got that dual action buffer from HF. my paint was so not smooth. got some mothers compound, ran that over the whole truck, then hit it with mothers polish of some sort. its as smooth as a babys ass now. not a swirl to be seen and far less light scratches left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons