What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MINIz guy

Reaction score
Washed it again after the recent nor'easter. Hopefully the weather is nice from now on. The Tahoe definitely earned its keep this winter.

dszx13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple little things. Pulled the roof rack off. Picked up a set of gmc 20s for 125 bucks. Swapped my good tires over to them. Also have a set of 2c drop spindles waiting to go on.
839eb3bded4e729acf347a5d41f3218a.jpg
2401c62b1ed3b80db9b3a40fc7fb9891.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Couple little things. Pulled the roof rack off. Picked up a set of gmc 20s for 125 bucks. Swapped my good tires over to them. Also have a set of 2c drop spindles waiting to go on.
839eb3bded4e729acf347a5d41f3218a.jpg
2401c62b1ed3b80db9b3a40fc7fb9891.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Great deal on the rims.

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
@ArcticYukon

So what's up? The engine goes into reduced power & you have a fault code for the accelerator pedal position sensor?

You said you don't know where to find a replacement part, what's the problem?

Yeah in a nutshell. Here's the kicker though.... only does it when it's cold out. Yesterday after the ouside temp got above 70, I drove it around all day long with no problem.

Gonna start working on that throttle body today though. Won't do anything to help the APP code, but it certainly won't hurt the problem.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ArcticYukon

Eventually, the app will cease to function entirely. The ambient temp may contribute to the sensor operation at the present but 1 day it's going to quit at the worst possible time.

You are correct, spending time on the TB does nothing for the APP but I don't understand why you aren't repairing the problem. Is there not an auto parts store where you live? You could have ordered it on eBay or Amazon & had a new app sensor in your mailbox. I'm just not clear on that.

The app sensor went out on my truck, REP message, 1 fault code that I pulled for the app sensor. I bought a replacement sensor @ oreilly auto that night, along with a kit of security torx bits that have the indentation in the center -- removed the acc pedal, R&R the sensor, problem fixed.

My boss at work was trying to get me a replacement TB at first but I talked him out of that and my truck was parked on the lot next morning courtesy of pedal sensor per the DTC code.

MINIz guy

Reaction score
Clay bar'd and sealed the paint. It desperately needs a paint correction, but it's a daily so not sure how much more effort I'm going to put into it. The Pewter doesn't shine much more with a good sealant on it anyway.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys here paint over chrome? I want to paint my wheels this week because the chrome is corroded and flaking and I don't like chrome.