What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not feeling the black. I want something different. I'm probably going to stop by the powder coater tomorrow and look at some color samples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Was gonna say black.......but......

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night I finally dropped the trans' pan to replace the filter & add 5-fresh quarts of AC Delco Dex6 fully synthetic. I had to do it after dark because it's so damn hot down here in TX; it was no walk in the park. I got most of the old oil on myself & the ground. While laying in oil-soaked cardboard I had to remove the shifter linkage so that the pan would come out and those 2-torx bolts are tucked away with no reasonable space to reach them.... I almost removed the front DS but persistence & attacking at ridiculous angles with my hands while shimmying every which a'way on my back finally paid off with their removal & the pan coming free. The old gasket could only be removed via razor blade and took probably 1-hour+ of clean/prep.

I didn't bother removing the old filter seal due to circumstance, and the new filter popped in nicely. I got the pan back in place, shifter linkage arranged and torqued the bolts up with my 1/2-in drive @ 18-lbs or so. I got to the last bolt in the corner & noticed the cork gasket was broken & protruding something awful. Great! Take it all back apart @ 2:00am

Left 2 bolts snugged up on the pan & rinsed the drive off. Picked up a neoprene type gasket today so that I can try again without the 18-in long, 140 lb torque wrench. Maybe go to harbor freight & get a smaller 1, or is it that big of a deal? Can I get away with hand tighten by feel? If I didn't have so much auto repair going on I would have paid the garage $50 for their labor & avoided all of this work but $50 can go a long way for what I need.

Learned my lesson on overtightening and/or not thoroughly checking my work as I go. I did use some permatex copper spray on the pan to hold my cork gasket which could also have created the problem. Now I get to remove all of that shit tonight & prep it again. And use the proper 9ft-lb torque instead of double that LoL.

On my 01 hoe i just bent the shifter linkage out of the way and bent it back after....easier than trying to get to those bolts.... idea for next time

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finished the passenger side. After I took this picture I took off the running board brackets. I also got the driver door handles installed. Need to round up some more clips for the fender flares.
4dc99cbb3eeecd53527be61a3dbfb89d.jpg

Last edited:

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah so far everything works! I had to fix some gremlins. They cut the mirror harness and auto light harness.

ae9b6954e582f9e3ee3e8ae3a892ab30.jpg

I was really impressed yesterday when I drove it. I was expecting it to drive sideways! Lol

The brakes pull a little under heavy braking but hopefully turning the rotors and pad will fix that. Don't really want to get into brake lines etc.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't make it to the store in time so when I went to reinstall the newly gasketed pan, I used a 1/4 drive ratchet... carefully. Same thing happened: the gasket was protruding from the back, passenger side with sharpest corner so I loosened the bolts & started over. Same $hit but less dramatic so I rolled with it. About 3-quarts in I got a small drip @ front of pan so I hit them all 1- more time and stemmed the leak. Started engine & ratchet thru all selections a couple times after adding quart #4. Checked level 20-mins later; low on stick. Added 5th qrt as some random dude lingering around began asking me for $$$ so I killed it & went inside before he came back with a gang to beat & rob me. Will have to drive & recheck fill tomorrow. Hopefully get the power steering flushed too.
WTF? Are you working on it in a bad hood in the middle of the night? Damn bro that sounds like a *****! Hope you got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed