What did you do to your 21+ T1XX today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDM3

Reaction score
Gotta get it cleaned up, but happy overall. Doing the lift gate panel next.

Attachments

• IMG_3650.jpeg
    IMG_3650.jpeg
    559.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3649.jpeg
    IMG_3649.jpeg
    588.5 KB · Views: 25

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I moved, I've had to adapt to not having a DIY hand car wash business nearby. Last week I decided to wash my Yukon, and that didn't go so well with the minerally water quality. I washed it the old-fashioned way in my driveway, and used a bucket of soapy water but I ended up with so many major water spots all over, I rage quit.

This week I used a ceramic coating which took off a few water stains, but this time I wiped the car down with a wet rag first, then applied a ceramic coating. That'll be the new "norm" for me going forward, so I don't have to worry about water stains and the need to dry it off, since I'm using a damp super-fine microfiber rag.

Next on my list of mods will be to remove the "GMC" badging from the rear tailgate. It's pretty annoying to get around it when detailing my ride, plus it'll look a lot cleaner.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I moved, I've had to adapt to not having a DIY hand car wash business nearby. Last week I decided to wash my Yukon, and that didn't go so well with the minerally water quality. I washed it the old-fashioned way in my driveway, and used a bucket of soapy water but I ended up with so many major water spots all over, I rage quit.

This week I used a ceramic coating which took off a few water stains, but this time I wiped the car down with a wet rag first, then applied a ceramic coating. That'll be the new "norm" for me going forward, so I don't have to worry about stains from the water hose.
I hire a mobile detail guy twice a year to give each of our cars a deep clean, and he recommended one of these: https://adamspolishes.com/products/adams-portable-spotless-water-deionizer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667