What did you do to your 21+ T1XX today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really might. I didn't this time. PA has state inspection stickers, makes me nervous. Tint guy said that I could have him remove the stickers before each inspection but that's a lot of running around. I may have him do the pano roof in a really light film to cut down on some heat but still allow the light. I'm really happy with how it turned out though! I also ended up with the Llumar IRX Film too. I didn't know there were so many choices. It's been a long time since I've put tint on a vehicle.
Looks great! If my shop didn’t overcharge for IRX I would have done the same.

Are you concerned with the stickers being add/removed or passing the inspection itself?

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50% tint on the windshield (doesn’t look as dark in person) and light tint on the side reflectors. E83429C2-ACFB-4690-9F15-B0F52C5DB552.jpeg

Attachments

• C6717916-6569-4FC7-A57E-B5E278B658CD.jpeg
    C6717916-6569-4FC7-A57E-B5E278B658CD.jpeg
    450.4 KB · Views: 24

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tint on rhe whole windshield? Its not legal for any tint on front windshield in my state.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a couple of hours to do dust detailing and polish up my AT4 this morning. I didn't want to get her dirty again so quickly by driving around running errands, so I ran over to my local offroad shop to get a quote on installing my felt fender liners, grabbed some 7-11 nachos and a large pina colada slurpee, then came home and watched NatGeo for most of the afternoon.

The more I drive with these wheels on, the more I'm starting to understand the cleaning process and how to maintain these wheels. I've found that using a wet microfiber towel usually does the trick on the lip and barrel, along with a painter's brush to get inside the space where the hub and barrel meet on these two-piece wheels. I've been using a cheap tire glosser and a painter's brush to "paint" the tire gloss inside the cracks of the lugs. So far I haven't experienced any tire sling, because I usually apply the glosser first to let it soak into the rubber. So by the time I'm done detailing the entire vehicle, what's left over on the tires has settled on the ground. Not only that, but the tires stick out so far that the residue doesn't touch the vehicle.

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tint on rhe whole windshield? Its not legal for any tint on front windshield in my state.
Full windshield yes, although only a 6” strip is legal here. 50% is very light and never been a problem in my area with police. My tint shop has tinted half the local PD’s personal cars including their windshields…

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the most part I stayed home today, but then later in the afternoon my daughter asked me to take her to the Walmart superstore a few miles away. Of course with me always looking for a reason to hit the road, I jumped at the opportunity to take her. Once we arrived, I had to drive pass the entrance to Walmart to find parking. When I did so, I noticed this Youth Pastor holding hands in front of Walmart about to say a prayer. Strange, I know... I guess he had noticed my ride and told the kids to look, so now I had two dozen eyes fixated on me while I circled around to find parking. I wanted to avoid eye contact so I didn't get the "thumbs up" or "cool ride" shout from him, so I just kind of played it low key by looking the other way and hurried along down one of the isles to find parking.

By the time I arrived home, I checked the mailbox, and my custom license plates arrived after ordering them 4 months ago... I wanted "HED WEST" but I don't think the DMV is allowing people to put 7 letters plus a space between two words anymore. It's all good though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh