What did you do to your 21+ T1XX today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some plasti-dip on the gold bow tie for the 22” rims. These are actually on my 22’ Silverado but same rims on HC Tahoe/Burb if anyone wants to do this. Was pretty damn easy I must say. Did 6 coats. Wait about 30 min between sprays. Then I let sit overnight before peeling.
5A3C7119-0422-487D-8372-BBC90489EDDB.jpeg
5EC65F6F-278E-4DBC-91F5-CF83084ADE58.jpeg
00017E53-30B9-49EC-8AAA-569643308A38.jpeg

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I’m trying to figure out different ways to make the HC rims look better as I prepare to black out the chrome next week.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I’m trying to figure out different ways to make the HC rims look better as I prepare to black out the chrome next week.
I know a place in michigan here that u can get rims dipped. Those blacked out would be cool.

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea, I may try that after I dip the grill. I’m planning to use hyper dip in piano black for the gloss look.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did some plasti-dip on the gold bow tie for the 22” rims. These are actually on my 22’ Silverado but same rims on HC Tahoe/Burb if anyone wants to do this. Was pretty damn easy I must say. Did 6 coats. Wait about 30 min between sprays. Then I let sit overnight before peeling.

Turned out nice.

ItIsWhatItIs

Reaction score
After a little over 3 months finally got it back from the body shop. Unfortunately the body shop let it sit with spilt milkshakes (we were literally pulling out of the parking lot from getting them when we got hit so 5 milkshakes exploded inside) for who knows how long and it stained the door panels and seats and now I’m fighting with the insurance and body shop over who needs to fix. But glad to have it back and road tripped to southern Cali and back this weekend and man is it nice to drive.

Oh and the one piece 2nd and 3rd row Amazon floor liner came in while it was in the shop so I got that installed and while not quite the quality I was hoping for it’s WAY better than the factory version that continually separated rendering it useless with small kids.

B30B70B9-52C3-4A76-822E-1320EBC5B7CA.jpeg

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a little over 3 months finally got it back from the body shop. Unfortunately the body shop let it sit with spilt milkshakes (we were literally pulling out of the parking lot from getting them when we got hit so 5 milkshakes exploded inside) for who knows how long and it stained the door panels and seats and now I’m fighting with the insurance and body shop over who needs to fix. But glad to have it back and road tripped to southern Cali and back this weekend and man is it nice to drive.

Oh and the one piece 2nd and 3rd row Amazon floor liner came in while it was in the shop so I got that installed and while not quite the quality I was hoping for it’s WAY better than the factory version that continually separated rendering it useless with small kids.

View attachment 380044
Looks clean...how about a custom vinyl or acrylic custom decal for the upper fender area? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn