What brand tires for 24s are people using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone run their 24s in snow? I’m over the summer wheel set and changing to winter wheels every year. My last set of 24s had nitto 420s (highway tread) and they were awful in the little bit of snow we in philly. We barely get snow but I like to be prepared

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Anyone run their 24s in snow? I’m over the summer wheel set and changing to winter wheels every year. My last set of 24s had nitto 420s (highway tread) and they were awful in the little bit of snow we in philly. We barely get snow but I like to be prepared
You can run any tire in the snow, just depends on how ballsy you are lol. Lower profile will not be fun for stopping or going. You might be a good driver but you also need traction for the bad drivers out there. Plus the snow tears up the finish on the wheel. Not worth it in my opinion just for being lazy to change over tires, but some people do it :shrug:

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sure they would. I’m trying to find a happy medium. I don’t get enough snow or even off road action to justify A/T tires lol. I guess anything that’s not a highway tread would probably suffice...

You can run any tire in the snow, just depends on how ballsy you are lol. Lower profile will not be fun for stopping or going. You might be a good driver but you also need traction for the bad drivers out there. Plus the snow tears up the finish on the wheel. Not worth it in my opinion just for being lazy to change over tires, but some people do it :shrug:

it’s not even about being completely lazy. We get salt on the roads around here about 4-5 months out of the year. I don’t wanna enjoy my wheels April -October then take them off for some winter wheels. And if that’s the real concern. I might as well not drive my yukon during the winter at all. But my pockets aren’t that deep lol. Family car and work van. That’s all I can afford

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sure they would. I’m trying to find a happy medium. I don’t get enough snow or even off road action to justify A/T tires lol. I guess anything that’s not a highway tread would probably suffice...

it’s not even about being completely lazy. We get salt on the roads around here about 4-5 months out of the year. I don’t wanna enjoy my wheels April -October then take them off for some winter wheels. And if that’s the real concern. I might as well not drive my yukon during the winter at all. But my pockets aren’t that deep lol. Family car and work van. That’s all I can afford
Lionharts.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Ive had those terra grapplers in a 305/55/20 and they were horrible tires. Maybe they were to wide but I have run lots of other 305 tires and terra grapplers were one of the worst. A lot of people hated bridgestone but I liked mine in the snow but there were new. Those were 285/45/22. I honestly have two sets of wheels. Real snow tires for winter and all season tires for summer. Real snow tires is night and day difference

Last edited:

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
move had those terra grapplers in a 305/55/20 and they were horrible tires. Maybe they were to wide but I have run lots of other 305 tires and terra grapplers were one of the worst. A lot of people hated bridgestone but I liked mine in the snow but there were new. Those were 285/45/22. I honestly have two sets of wheels. Real snow tires for winter and all season tires for summer. Real snow tires is night and day difference
Can you explain what made Terra Grapps so awful?

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
When I turned the wheel in the snow the truck wanted to go straight and not turn. Also trying to take off sucked. I’ve had more tires and rims combos on my trucks then most people would ever have. So I’ve tested a good amount of tires. A lot of people like terra grapplers so I found it strange I had a horrible experience with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212