What am I doing wrong!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LA Mudbug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am helping my buddy with his lift on his Tahoe( not sure year, the one with square headlights) I just put a RCX 6" on mine by my self so I know a little bit a bout how it all works now, but this is beyond me. Or it's just one little thing we did wrong causing it all. He bought a RC 3" lift but only came with keys rear blocks and nitro shocks. We put everything on but when we tried to put new keys in we snapped two C-clamps and never even got the key put in there. We realized upper control arm was hitting bump stop mount and shock was binding on it as well. We cut mount for clearance and still couldn't get it set in. So we stripped it all down to just sway bar and torsion bar were on lower control arm. We loosened sway arm bolt and pulled down really really really ******* lower control arm and finally got it in. I think something is wrong, but he thinks it will work. Did we do something wrong?

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
hitting the bump stop. you got a pictures of what is going on?

the bars are so cranked he cut the bumpstops to get more lift. He is going to destroy the front end on the truck in no time. The camber probably looks like hell now along with zero downtravel.

I'm thinking the OP didn't index the keys right.

OP
OP
L

LA Mudbug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you remove your torsion bars from the truck then put them back in?

Yea we did.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

the bars are so cranked he cut the bumpstops to get more lift. He is going to destroy the front end on the truck in no time. The camber probably looks like hell now along with zero downtravel.

I'm thinking the OP didn't index the keys right.

There was no angle we could turn key to fit in crossmember and still get torsion bar in but one way and only way we did it was go through all that

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

I have to be overlooking something. I don't want him on road with truck cause I think it's going to have zero travel and we put all new ball joints and everything under there to just get ruined

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what happens when you crank keys to get 3" mine just barely stay off the stops

OP
OP
L

LA Mudbug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, this is before anything. BAM!!!!!! It just hit me why it didn't work right. I am an idiot. I had truck on lift already so control arms were fully extended down. So we just gotta put truck back on ground with tires on and it will be fine. Right??

mudslinger96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing was happening to me when I swapped out my torsion bars. The bars themselves are left and right so if you put them backwards they will not adjust properly. Look at the ends they should have either an R or an L with an arrow. Make sure the side with this written on there goes back were the torsion keys go

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you replacing the keys any way? The stock keys can get you all the way to the droop stops unless the bars are worn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwoldring