Went to the track

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left it on initially because I forgot to turn it off. So it was either all on or all off. You know how the rear differential works right? Don't know what you know.

I know I'll have to pull the ABS fuse on my 2013 PPV to get the stabilitrak to shut off and my understanding on a 2 wheel drive traction control it will engage the left tire once it registers slippage on the right tire. My older cars have Detroit Lockers, a full spool and a traction lock which of course are not computer controlled.
If that is wrong set me straight.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I'll have to pull the ABS fuse on my 2013 PPV to get the stabilitrak to shut off and my understanding on a 2 wheel drive traction control it will engage the left tire once it registers slippage on the right tire. My older cars have Detroit Lockers, a full spool and a traction lock which of course are not computer controlled.
If that is wrong set me straight.

The truck G80 functions like a locker and a limited slip. In order for the "locker" to activate, it must detect wheel slippage, about 200 rpms difference, then a counter-weight engages the other side and you're locked up. It's all mechanical.

If we press and hold the traction control button for five seconds, it is supposed to turn off both Traction Control and StabiliTrak. Then you're only dealing with getting the locker to engage to limit wheel spin. Brake-Traction Control is always on.

Well, I guess this question should be asked, does the PPV have this button under the climate controls?

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does have the traction control button but no amount of holding the button in will turn off the stabilitrak, it will only turn off the t/c. I also just researched that the traction control applies the brake to the slipping wheel, which is no good for accelerating.
So if I take this thing to a tnt night I'll need to turn off the traction control and disable the stabilitrak. I wonder if pulling the ABS fuse would disable the t/c as well since it's brake controlled ???

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does have the traction control button but no amount of holding the button in will turn off the stabilitrak, it will only turn off the t/c. I also just researched that the traction control applies the brake to the slipping wheel, which is no good for accelerating.
So if I take this thing to a tnt night I'll need to turn off the traction control and disable the stabilitrak. I wonder if pulling the ABS fuse would disable the t/c as well since it's brake controlled ???

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the stock 0-60 and 1/4 mile time for the 5.3 in the XL?

I can't seem to find it anymore.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know before my cam/headers, I was somewhere in the mid 8's 0-60 and it felt realllyyy slow (no kick at all). Seems like mid 8s and mid 16s is about right for the 5.3.

I just timed a 0-60 run yesterday with HP Tuners and I was right at 7.6, which would line up with a mid 15 second 1/4 mile. It feels significantly faster than when stock. I just have catted headers and stage 1 btr truck cam and do my own tuning.

So headers/cam gets you somewhere between a stock 6.2 and stock 5.3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick