Excellent to be here and question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric09LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi guys , been a long time tahoe owner and am the proud owner of an 02 LT and an 09 LTZ . the 02 has a cold air kit and flowmaster super 40 with turndowns before the axle. My 09 is actually getting put in the shop this week due to a stuck lifter . im waiting on my texas speed package in the mail . i will be doing a DOD delete with a stage 2 truck cam , ls6 springs , rods , ls2 timing chain , the cam is 212/218 with .600/.600 112lsa . i will have to get a tune on it so will be throwing it on a dyno . anyone here know what dyno time costs ? the truck will be totally stock with cam springs and tune . ill post to share the numbers once its done

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi guys , been a long time tahoe owner and am the proud owner of an 02 LT and an 09 LTZ . the 02 has a cold air kit and flowmaster super 40 with turndowns before the axle. My 09 is actually getting put in the shop this week due to a stuck lifter . im waiting on my texas speed package in the mail . i will be doing a DOD delete with a stage 2 truck cam , ls6 springs , rods , ls2 timing chain , the cam is 212/218 with .600/.600 112lsa . i will have to get a tune on it so will be throwing it on a dyno . anyone here know what dyno time costs ? the truck will be totally stock with cam springs and tune . ill post to share the numbers once its done

Welcome Eric, looking forward to seeing the repair/mods done.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Excellent first post. I myself am shopping for a low lift cam with similar specs except for a wider LSA, so I'm really looking forward to your results.

It's been years since I was even in the vicinity of dyno tuning, but it was around $500+ for NA setups at that time. Compared to the current offerings of full custom tuning, I'd guess that the prices haven't really changed. You have a particular shop in mind and are they known for their LS tuning? Oh- make sure they know what they're doing with the transmission tuning. There's a lot left on the table from the factory with that and the Torque Management programming.

OP
OP
Eric09LTZ

Eric09LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome! Excellent first post. I myself am shopping for a low lift cam with similar specs except for a wider LSA, so I'm really looking forward to your results.

It's been years since I was even in the vicinity of dyno tuning, but it was around $500+ for NA setups at that time. Compared to the current offerings of full custom tuning, I'd guess that the prices haven't really changed. You have a particular shop in mind and are they known for their LS tuning? Oh- make sure they know what they're doing with the transmission tuning. There's a lot left on the table from the factory with that and the Torque Management programming.
i was told by the guy at texas speed that this would be the best cam for stock converter and drivability . thank you for the response on the tune pricing. i think the shop is good with ls motors . ill post and update when i find out pricing

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was told by the guy at texas speed that this would be the best cam for stock converter and drivability . thank you for the response on the tune pricing. i think the shop is good with ls motors . ill post and update when i find out pricing
its always best i think to take input from the tuning shop of your choice do some digging on your own then go from there. if the cam or tuning guy doesn't work out you can always go with the fact that its what they suggested. so you dont have to pay for them to undo everything after they just did the work. some shops are skutches like that they will do the work playing dumb knowing something wont work. if you requested a part be installed its your time wasted but if they made the suggestion its on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo