Went to the track

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh it was 95 degrees yesterday too. I will time another one in the fall.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rags didn't like them but knew they were successful so why promote something you do not like? Sound familiar? I might have missed a review so by all means have a look and report your findings.

It's funny you say this, I always remember vehicles like this being frowned upon when I was growing up.

Now that I am grown and have a family, I can't imagine NOT having one. My wife always pushed me to get one and I was like "It's just a friggin giant box on wheels".

It's been one of my favorite vehicles so far.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny you say this, I always remember vehicles like this being frowned upon when I was growing up.

Now that I am grown and have a family, I can't imagine NOT having one. My wife always pushed me to get one and I was like "It's just a friggin giant box on wheels".

It's been one of my favorite vehicles so far.

Same here, only one person in my family ever owned one, from brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles and cousins. One uncle bought a K5 Jimmy new and still has it, that's it.

My father and I, mother and my siblings have all been seriously injured in auto accidents as we were in compact cars. When I started my own family I swore them (all cars) off and started with the GM minivans and then the GMC.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you tackled and solved the problem Joe! Congrats on the bun in the oven too! As for the Yukon, get rid of the Forester and get another Yukon! They are made for commuting! Sure, they do not get 30 mpg but they are far more comfortable and FAR more safe to drive. That alone is worth the additional fuel expense in my house and has been for thirty years. We have all been seriously injured in car accidents from driving small cars to "save money on gas", never again.
tahoe hybrid big suv with decent mpg (i'd get a 2013 model though)

run that ***** in M4 still get 18-20mpg in the city v8 ONLY mode,, i figured losing 2 mpg is better then getting a new engine.. sure i can get 26 on the highway still with V8 HYPERmile it.(i'll give it a try next week i'm going to take a short cut through the forest it's pretty much all down hill so i can DFCO the 37 miles )

it can stay in DFCO quite a while.. i noticed a trick I can keep it in DFCO while lightly pressing the gas (prevents heavy engine braking/regen) and drops into 6th gear [EVT gear]

i was messing with it today tricking the transmission into [EVT mode] while in m4 so I can get Eco 6th gear with v8
this how i manipulate the transmission into give up those extra MPG :D

M4 Disables Active fuel management only..

Last edited:

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, only one person in my family ever owned one, from brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles and cousins. One uncle bought a K5 Jimmy new and still has it, that's it.

My father and I, mother and my siblings have all been seriously injured in auto accidents as we were in compact cars. When I started my own family I swore them (all cars) off and started with the GM minivans and then the GMC.

I hear ya on the accidents. So many texters out there now adays. Good to be driving a tank.

DRKN57

Reaction score
I hear ya on the accidents. So many texters out there now adays. Good to be driving a tank.
Exactly. Too much distracted driving going on. Another reason I drive a truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk