Well found out that the 2021 will only idle for 30 minutes and then shuts off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in my tahoe at an event Monday and need to do a meeting in it on the computer and it was warm so had it on running the AC. It gives a warming about shutting off in 5 minutes on down but I don't know how to defeat it. Press ok didn't stop it from shutting off.

Anyone know how to extend it? I am sure it is a safety feature due to the no physical key.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Surely there must be a way to disable that feature. I have dogs and that would be a dealbreaker.

I bet the PPV / SSV don’t do that. Unless they want the police to buy Fords.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold the start button for a while when you start the car and it will disable that feature. I forget if it's 15 or 30 seconds but a message will pop up and let you know.

OP
OP
robgreg75

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold the start button for a while when you start the car and it will disable that feature. I forget if it's 15 or 30 seconds but a message will pop up and let you know.

Cool I will try that next time.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in my tahoe at an event Monday and need to do a meeting in it on the computer and it was warm so had it on running the AC. It gives a warming about shutting off in 5 minutes on down but I don't know how to defeat it. Press ok didn't stop it from shutting off.

Anyone know how to extend it? I am sure it is a safety feature due to the no physical key.

Same on the 2015-2020 models as well. I believe it's 60 minutes with key fob detected and 30 minutes without. Only 15 minutes when remote start too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe