Weathertech vs Husky Weatherbeater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the 2nd and 3rd row 1 piece WT set from an XL would work in a short wheel base..... Aren't the seats in the same position just more storage in the back?

NO. Nothing the same. I went from a 15 Shortie to a 16 XL and had to get new Husky mats. Hump in the 3rd row is not there in an XL.

BTW, I have a 3rd row Husky and a cargo mat for a short one for sale I'd make you a good deal on if you are interested. I took mine out hoping they would fit my XL but they didnt.

Not for sure if you are looking for short or XL though..... I assume you are going from an XL to a shortie....

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a sale on huskya cheapest around shoot me pm if interested.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the full set for my Tahoe last night. Should be here in the next couple of days. Have these still held up well for you?

Definitely holding up great!! My twin 8 year olds boys sure put them up to the test with their Baseball this summer and now going though the pee wee football... The crap those cleats bring in!
They came in handy this last winter... caught a lot of snow and mud from everybody shoes!
Easy to maintain.. yank them out, rinse them clean, hang them to dry and reinstall them! You will be happy with them.

Last edited:

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely holding up great!! My twin 8 year olds boys sure put them up to the test with their Baseball this summer and now going though the pee wee football... The crap those cleats bring in!
They came in handy this last winter... caught a lot of snow and mud from everybody shoes!
Easy to maintain.. yank them out, rinse them clean, hang them to dry and reinstall them! You will be happy with them.

Good to hear!

paulb55

Reaction score
ok, here are my 2 or 3 cents....I had a 2015i Denali and traded it for a 16 Escalade, both were regular wheel base and captains chairs.
For the Denali I went with Weathertech...while they were nice, they lacked follow through...ie gaps between the 2nd and 3rd row sections that allowed debris and such to get underneath. So for the Cadi, I went with Husky and got the x-act contour for the front and 3rd rows...they don't make one for the second row, had to get weather-beater, cough, Husky...if you are going to only offer one product for a top of the line model offer your top of the line product, cough...

I took the chance to compare all 3 and I can say hands down that the X-act contour are the best option out there. Their weight, probably 30~50% more than Weatherbeater/Weathertech is nice. It holds in place and edges seem to stay down more.

When comparing the Weatherbeater/Weathertech it was again an easy win for Husky. For the 2nd/3rd row in the Weathertech, the row sections just met, no overlap, so lots of space for crap to fall in-between. The Weatherbeater overlaps and give you confidnce that the first cup of juice or milk will find its way to the mat and not nooks and crannies to create a lovely aroma.

Also, the Weatherbeater feel denser but also more flexible. For our 3rd row of the Weathertech, the portion that fit on the door sill kept curling up. Weathertech mailed us a free replacement and it still did the same thing as well as under the 3rd row seat. I even tapped it down for a week and it just kept happening.

Per Husky, the 3rd row is the same model number for both cars, so I thought it was interesting to even see the overall pattern differences between the 2 companies.

Here are some pictures between a Weathertech and an a X-act contour for the 3rd row. the one on the right is WeatherTech and the other is the X-act contour. You see the edges where I circled the lack of overlap vs the Husky product.

I hope this helps everyone with their choices:

IMG_0096.jpg

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems odd that they don't offer the 2nd row in the X-act contour for the Caddy but do for Tahoe and Yukon...

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the OEM liners in a Suburban. Wish it had the walk thru covered between the buckets and the 3rd row is a bit small, but they do catch a lot of the kids crap. The fronts cover quite well and have a good heel pad for the driver. They seem to stay planted with the nubs quite well.

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts