Worth the wait! 2022 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
After 10 months and multiple orders placed never getting accepted we finally got lucky and took delivery of a 2022 YUKON DENALI XL!!

I persistently checked GM's build tool matching the config I had on order, although I gave up after a while of multiple disappointing phone calls to dealers. Finally I found one, on a lot with my exact config but it was sold... A few days later I got a callback it was available, they were willing to take a deposit over the phone and deliver the car the next day with no mark up!!!

Don't give up...anything is possible and I have to say it is surely worth the wait!!!

I've attached a few photos from after the ceramic coating, tint and emblems were installed, I also included a few comparison pics for before and after. I must say you can definitely see a difference with the ceramic coating and I'm very satisfied with the results and making the investment in my vehicle.

2022 YUKON DENALI XL

Black on Black
6.2L V8
Max Trailer
Air Ride
Power Assist Steps
Sunroof
Black 22's

Black emblems installed by my local dealer

Husky Liners X-ACT CONTOUR in all 3 rows
Husky Liners WEATHERBEATER 3rd row trunk mat

XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic coating on all paint, windows, and wheels
XPEL NANO-Ceramic Tint Prime XR Plus - 20% on the front, 45% over the factory 20% all around

Issues:

Car Play stopped working on the second day randomly; I reset all the settings on the infotainment system and my phone restarting both to correct the
issue.

Headlights: Same as many here are experiencing, my DRL only come on in low light or no light conditions. During the day/sun light my low beams stay on. I found on another thread the dealer needs to recalibrate the BCM for the ambient sensor to correct the issue, headed to the dealer Monday.

Front Angle.jpgFront.jpgSide.jpgDouble Side.JPGSplit Front.JPG

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Persistency pays off my friend! Nice ride! Love the grill. My story was similar when I got Tahoe, called every where, found one online, called and was sold. Guy called me back couple hours later had exact same one in transit and snagged it.

Last edited:

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a black 2017 Denali XL. It was beautiful. Black was quite an upkeep, but it looked insane. I said never again and have been white ever since......but your truck is gorgeous!! If that were in front of me, i'd be back in black!! looks great, best of luck!!

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a black 2017 Denali XL. It was beautiful. Black was quite an upkeep, but it looked insane. I said never again and have been white ever since......but your truck is gorgeous!! If that were in front of me, i'd be back in black!! looks great, best of luck!!
I’m same, had both black 19’ Silverado and 18’ Tahoe and literally washed 2-3 times per week. Now both white 22’ and 21’ and it’s once a week wash. But yea black Denali all chromed out is so sharp.

WVBKW

Reaction score
Looks awesome. My wife’s is very similar. When you say black emblems? You mean the grille badge?

OP
OP
Vinnoto1

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
Looks awesome. My wife’s is very similar. When you say black emblems? You mean the grille badge?
Yes, gm accessory installed at the dealer, can’t order the car with them anymore from the factory.

OP
OP
Vinnoto1

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
I’m same, had both black 19’ Silverado and 18’ Tahoe and literally washed 2-3 times per week. Now both white 22’ and 21’ and it’s once a week wash. But yea black Denali all chromed out is so sharp.
My hope is with the ceramic coat it’s easier to clean and stays clean longer but only time will tell. I’m usually more partial to white or silver but have always wanted black!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons