Worth the wait! 2022 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My hope is with the ceramic coat it’s easier to clean and stays clean longer but only time will tell. I’m usually more partial to white or silver but have always wanted black!
I’ve wondered how well ceramic would work, I just never wanted to spend the cash on it, keep me updated how it works. My wife wants a black Denali xl next so that could be what we would need to do. I’m a clean freak when it comes to cars...

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, gm accessory installed at the dealer, can’t order the car with them anymore from the factory.
Looks great! It's kind of funny, I have been planning on the SLT model but lately been thinking I might try for a base Denali as there will be fewer stars that need to line up. When my wife first saw the Denali grille, she didn't like it and thought it looked a little too busy. But then I showed her your pictures and after she saw those black GMC letters she said "I love that grille!" :)

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is unsure about ceramic coating. I’ve had it on my last 3 vehicles (white, black and gray colors) and if you keep your vehicles long term and (hand) wash regularly, its 100% worth it IMO. Just make sure you either go to a reputable shop or apply yourself using the right technique (its is very labor intensive). In addition to ceramic coating, I also usually install PPF, haven’t decided yet if I’m going to put it on the Suburban…

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really like the black GMC logos. Might consider that for mine.

Actually going to my dealer tomorrow and ask for part #84729912. The GMC parts website is being flakey as they show basically no exterior accessories after clearly showing these yesterday morning for $170 plus $50 dealer install. (I have like $200 in GMC/Chevy points funny money).

Last edited:

ScottPSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely recommend a professional ceramic coat. 2022 Denali (not XL) and had it done the next day (Feynlab self healing). Goes on the carfax and the self healing does work. I can dry the whole vehicle with a leaf blower in a matter of minutes to keep the swirls down even more. Congratulations on the new addition!

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a coat on my 2016 RX, I don't know if I have the strength in me to do it again for a full size Yukon :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts