Water Leak Passenger Side, Blower Motor Fried, Cabin Air Filter Wet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Shahrkster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys...I have been busy and so didnt really get a chance to follow up or work on this problem. Yesterday I did a few things. I removed the cowl, the air filter and the blower motor to see if I can diagnose this issue.
1. Checked for the plate (under the cowl and above the air intake) for leakage. The seals looked good on them. I also poured water to see if anything came through. Nothing.
2. I poured water all along the base of the windshield. No leakage into the air filter.
3. i poured water along all edges of the windshield. No leakages.
4. I poured water along the edges of the shark fin antenna. Nothing.
5. I checked for stoppages in the drain plug using a wire. No issues there
6. I ran the air conditioner for a bit to see if there was condensate. Again nothing.

In all cases 1-4, the water came down a channel behind the wheel well.

It rained a little through the evening and night and I checked the car for water leakage and there it was. So I am baffled as to what might be causing this. Any more ideas?

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...I have been busy and so didnt really get a chance to follow up or work on this problem. Yesterday I did a few things. I removed the cowl, the air filter and the blower motor to see if I can diagnose this issue.
1. Checked for the plate (under the cowl and above the air intake) for leakage. The seals looked good on them. I also poured water to see if anything came through. Nothing.
2. I poured water all along the base of the windshield. No leakage into the air filter.
3. i poured water along all edges of the windshield. No leakages.
4. I poured water along the edges of the shark fin antenna. Nothing.
5. I checked for stoppages in the drain plug using a wire. No issues there
6. I ran the air conditioner for a bit to see if there was condensate. Again nothing.

In all cases 1-4, the water came down a channel behind the wheel well.

It rained a little through the evening and night and I checked the car for water leakage and there it was. So I am baffled as to what might be causing this. Any more ideas?
Did you ever find the cause of the leak?

OP
OP
S

Shahrkster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you live in a salt climate, the drain ports rust out and the drain lines leak as the right front corner drain runs over to the a pillar and down past heater box, the headliner in your model is Styrofoam backing water would not ********* to face side. Has the windshield been replaced in this truck? Improper installation could possibly allow water in and drip down on to heater box top where it can leak into the heater core cover which sits back under windshield tray. Solution open sun roof take a quart pitcher and fill tray and see if water comes out just behind passenger and drivers tires drains do plug up w dirt and debris compressed air into drains will clear them.
The windshield has been replaced from what I understand. Not sure how much it costs to get that done but might have to look into it. That said, I did pour water all around the windshield and the sun roof (while the sun roof was closed) and nothing came through on the inside. The water did pour out behind the wheels as you describe. I also cleaned out the drain behind the engine. So who knows what this problem might be. It is frustrating since GMCs of several generations seem to be having this issue and GM doesn't seem to care about it. I have seen 2022 vehicles with this problem. Oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts