Warm Start Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mcsc1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it still on the factory camshaft position sensor or an aftermarket replacement? Mine did like in the video, or as you said sometimes catch, sputter, then run with an aftermarket CMP sensor. Put an OEM one back in and not a problem since. I drug my feet on swapping, even did a fuel pump and pressure regulator despite knowing aftermarket sensors are garbage in these. At least I've got new parts on the fuel system now. LOL.
Would yours smell like fuel when you tried cranking like in the video?

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never smelled for anything after a first crank failure. But mine runs pig rich (separate issue i'm looking into) so the garage smells heavily after starting in open loop.

OP
OP
M

mcsc1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never smelled for anything after a first crank failure. But mine runs pig rich (separate issue i'm looking into) so the garage smells heavily after starting in open loop.
Ok. Last question hopefully….I have a sensor on order.

If you put the pedal down for “clear flood mode” would it crank right up?

OP
OP
M

mcsc1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Coolant temp is normal. Replaced sensor as well.

Just did it twice today cranking after it sat for a couple hrs. Put pedal to the floor and it cranked right up.

OP
OP
M

mcsc1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there so please someone chime in.

What about the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel line under driver side? What I read states it feeds the ecm the info for pulse width and cycle and all that. Scanner has shown rail pressure dropping where mechanical gauge shows 40 something psi.

So if the pressure sensor was faulty, could it be signaling low rail pressure and actually over fueling on start?

Edit: got a new fuel pressure sensor and it changed nothing. Trying the cam sensor tomorrow. After that I’ll prob drive it like it is and say screw it. As embarrassing and infuriating as it is I’m left with no ideas except possible bad injector(s) or pump once again.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omne