wanna be fast as hell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
renaldo99

renaldo99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do i gotta change the front gears to? where did u buy the megnacharger from and how much? also is the vortech sc good?

CincinnatiZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vortec makes an okay supercharger - I have a T-trim on my camaro. There are 2 kinds of superchargers. One is called a "roots" style and the other is "centrifugal". The roots style blower sits on top of the motor and a centrifugal is bolted to the accessories bracket and then connected to your intake threw tubing. If I were you I would do a roots style (Like JK, Chistoso, and Jenna have)

The problem with the Vortec's are they are not self contained. That means it depends on oil from the truck and that equals problems. You have to drill your oil pan, have a bung welded on, run feed and return lines, and PRAY it never gets loose, melts, or leaks. AND if you ever blow your engine apart, you are going to take the supercharger with it.

Bottom line is no, I would say stay away from vortec... they sound so sick when there running but its not worth it.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
lower gears, smaller tires, 3000rpm stall, remove more torque management. I hope you don't plan on towing, otherwise drop the stall down a bit.

T-Giv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well nelson perf. sent me a tuned pcm and they Optimize the air/fuel ratio, Increase timing throughout the RPM range and increase throttle response, modify the GM driving shift patterns, remove all or a percentage of TM and remove the speed limiter, adjust for tire size and gear ratio, and remove any emissions devices for me so idk is that good?

I'm considering getting a mail-in tune done from them right now I'm so glad I stumbled upon this! How good was the tune you got from them? What kind of gains did you see from it?

deuceizloose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I Got a Finishline tranny coming(still in the building stage) a YANK Truck Thruster 3000, 4.10 gears and a Nelson re-tune after putting everything in. I have a 6.0 and with just the original tune from Nelson's a CAI and a shift kit, I was noticeablly quicker out the gate. Maybe the difference is I got 6.0 vs your 5.3????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia