Zach’s Slow Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zachm89

Reaction score
8D9A1588-D1A1-4515-AB14-CBC1DC33ED6A.jpeg Well, I couldn’t leave well enough alone. After having my truck of almost 9 years stolen, I picked up a 2003 Yukon SLT as a commuter. I managed to leave my diesel truck alone for the most part but now that I’m back in something with an LS platform the mod bug has hit me again.

In about 2 months of ownership I’ve only done a few minor things including a corsa sport catback, tune and brakes.

Next up on my list was going to be long tube headers and y pipe and lowering. But.....I have a 2019 6.0L just sitting here that was originally going to go into my 78 Camaro that is now unfortunately for sale. So, the Yukon is getting a 6.0 swap, cam, headers, etc.

It’s an L59 flex fuel truck so to my understanding it already has larger than normal injectors than a straight gasoline truck so I don’t think I’ll need to spend any money there, for now.

Right now I’m stuck between a couple of cam options. The BTR stage 4 truck cam or the Tick Performance torqueMAX stage 4. But I’m also open to other suggestions. Eventually this truck might get a roots blower, either an LSA or TVS2300. So I need to keep that in mind if I don’t want to change cams later on down the road. I just don’t want to lose any low end for now with just the cam as the blower will be much later down the road.

I’ll also be doing what I can to protect the 60e for as long as I can with a trucool 40k cooler, corvette servo and maybe a shift kit if I decide to dive into the trans more. Eventually when the 60e inevitably dies I’m just going to skip the headache and 80e swap it and never worry about the trans again.

Other things that are on a NEED to do list are rear springs (I’d like something slightly lower than stock just to level it with the front), new shocks all around which will probably be bilstein 4600s on all 4 corners and definitely wheels and tires as I’m currently rocking stock 16s that look like crap.

Anyway, if you’ve made it through all of that and have any input or suggestions I’m all ears. I’m definitely not new to the performance world but my last few builds were more all out performance and going fast minded where as this will remain a daily driver, at least until I get back into another diesel but who knows when that will be.

Just a little teaser of the nutty weather we got here in Texas last week. The corsa was installed the same day this picture was taken
2D638AD8-F3C2-4D72-9598-C91CFB6DF789.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've done similar build to what you want to do. I've done a 6.0--Non FF motor--swap in my 03 Tahoe--Same color too--I've done a BTR stage 3, 1 3/4 long tubes, 3,000 stall with shift kit and vette servo. Of course it had to be rebuilt--4l60e-- with some better parts. Also put a trans cooler in there. I'm lowered with Bilstein 4600's too. Check out my build page.IMAG1609.jpg 20180617_140554.jpg IMAG1639.jpg 20180712_102547_001.jpg IMAG1460.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clean Yukon, Zach :waytogo:

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
@Tonyrodz I've definitely scrolled through your build thread, very similar path Im going to be taking from the start. That MBRP muffler sounds great! I almost went with one until I found the Corsa for a "decent" price. Ill most likely have to add a resonator or high flow cats to tame the corsa down a bit once I throw the headers on. I had a corsa sport on my procharged SSS back in the day and holy hell it was a screamer.

I also have to get one of those clusters with the trans temp gauge! My last 3 vehicles have had one and I dont like not being able to monitor the trans temp in the Yukon :Angry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm6t