wanna be fast as hell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renaldo99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heyy i got a 05 chevy tahoe 5.3l long tube headers (no cats), corsa sport, pcm tune by nelson perf., cai and a rebuild trans with a shift kit and all perf. mods, but im still slow off the hole i wanna be faster then a tbss or close to it what should i do next? vortech supercharger or cam/heads or something diff. let me kno
thanks

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
cam/heads, then get a sc. Do the SC last as it will just complement all your other mods.

I have never heard of nelson, but know that black bear has the best PCM tuning around.

OP
OP
renaldo99

renaldo99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well nelson perf. sent me a tuned pcm and they Optimize the air/fuel ratio, Increase timing throughout the RPM range and increase throttle response, modify the GM driving shift patterns, remove all or a percentage of TM and remove the speed limiter, adjust for tire size and gear ratio, and remove any emissions devices for me so idk is that good?

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
well nelson perf. sent me a tuned pcm and they Optimize the air/fuel ratio, Increase timing throughout the RPM range and increase throttle response, modify the GM driving shift patterns, remove all or a percentage of TM and remove the speed limiter, adjust for tire size and gear ratio, and remove any emissions devices for me so idk is that good?

Black bear does that too but goes one better. they send you the tuning cord. You record it on your laptop (super easy actually), hook it up, drive around, and then send the info to Justin (owner and tuner) and he sends you out a custom PCM.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to get out of the hole quicker, lower gears and a screw or roots style s/c will get you there.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
and converter.

Look at a Yank 2600 and put 4.10's in it. That's get ya up and going.

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have everything you have listed but I have 4:10 gear and LSD. It helps but I have not been to the track since then to see the gain but I doubt I near the 14's yet and mine puts down 320rwhp.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Oh yea I forgot... Swap in a LQ9! I found one from an 04 eskerade for 900 I need to go pick up. That's a 50hp gain right there.

OP
OP
renaldo99

renaldo99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i put 4:10's will i be able to go over 100mph? do i have to change the front gears also if its 4wd? and if i put the s/c and new gears will i be set. also what brand of gears and s/c should i get?
thanks

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if i put 4:10's will i be able to go over 100mph? do i have to change the front gears also if its 4wd? and if i put the s/c and new gears will i be set. also what brand of gears and s/c should i get?
thanks

You'll still be able to attain over 100 with 4.10s, but your rpms will be higher. You'll also have to change the transfer case gears if you swap your rear diff gear ratio.
I went with a Magnacharger on mine. Flat torque curve that starts way low. Best part is that it's a complete kit; injectors, fuel rails, intake, intercooler, fuel and intercooler pumps, hardware, everything. On a stock 5.3 with a 3.4 pulley, it adds about 120hp/120tq. @ about 5 lbs boost. I'm running a smaller pulley and getting 10 lbs boost. With mods, the power is even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia