Zach’s Slow Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
Are those beefier? I'd assume so. Mine lasted 4-5 years.
From what I remember they seemed to be. They also don’t squash as easily and supposedly have a bit different way of dampening due to their shape. Might be a load of shit but they seemed to do the job well. The factory ones on that truck were falling apart when I got it as well so I don’t have anything to really compare it to.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
From what I remember they seemed to be. They also don’t squash as easily and supposedly have a bit different way of dampening due to their shape. Might be a load of shit but they seemed to do the job well. The factory ones on that truck were falling apart when I got it as well so I don’t have anything to really compare it to.
Cool. Do you have a link? I'd like to check them out. Guessing that they won't fit in the cups tho.

Bill Barnes

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Yukon XL, and had the usual failures of the stepper motors in the speedo, and oil pressure gauges. I sent it off to Dr. Speedometer, and they replaced all of the stepper motors. Fred Burge is Dr. S, and he asked if I wanted the transmission temperature gauge added. It was an additional $75, so I did it. Really happy I did!

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
So for lowering this pig. I’m torn between McGaughys rear springs or some PPV stock springs. I really only want to level the ass end with the front, not slam this thing on the ground. I’m assuming the ppv springs will be a bit more firm than the mcgaughys but I’d like personal feedback on both. For shocks I’ll likely be running bilstiens. I had them on my Duramax and loved them. 5100s in the front and 4600s in the rear. Is is bad to do a staggered shock setup on these or should I just have the same model shock on all 4 corners??

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
New things coming soon. Tomorrow I’ll be mounting up a set of 265/65/17 Nitto Crosstek 2s on some black PPV wheels so I’ll be sure to get pics of that once she’s sitting pretty. Next will be a set of Speed Engineering 1-7/8” long tubes and y pipe over the weekend to make the corsa scream a little louder. And sometime in the next few weeks hopefully a drop kit from Tony!

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
Going to look real nice once I take the time to get the door mouldings and badges off and lower it. Also going to have the center caps powder coated because I think they look dumb in chrome!

View attachment 275115 AEC0C71A-1F5C-46F1-85EB-0E645B1AC56A.jpeg

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
Also, for anyone who has never heard of the Nitto Crosstek tires like I hadn’t. Mostly because they’re not anywhere in nittos main website, they have their own for some dumb reason. They’re a fantastic looking tire. Time will tell how they wear and ride, but I think they’re going to be nice for years to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep