Volant Super Tips: pics and write up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So lets start off by saying Volants Super Tips are honestly the best mod for your money. Not only are they REALLY nice and well built but also add a lot to the truck for right under $100.

STEP-BY-STEP INSTALL:

1.Remove Spare Tire
2.Remove heat shield that protects spare tire using a 15mm rachet (2 bolts)
3.Measure the stock exhaust tip from tip 28", make a mark
4.Using a sawzal with a metal blade. cut your stock resinator off where you made your line.
5.Put the included clamp on and then slide on your super tips.
6.Adjust tips until they sit how you want them too.
7.Tighten down clamp with a 15mm socket.
8.ENJOY!

PS- I take no resposibility if your install goes wrong! Mine went PERFECT!

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

The sound of this tip is very minor. It gives it a little but of a rumble but almost none. It is more for looks then for the sound. Install is fairly easy took me 45 min. Hope this helps!

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
good write up. i just pulled the tire off. didnt drop the spair ot heat sheald

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
That looks sickk, how much did they run you? I might actually get the same thing if they alter the sound but not too loud!

Thanks for the good write up btw.

curly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine should be here next week... it will probably be after Christmas before I get them on. Thanks for the write-up! I'm really ready to get it on the Tahoe now that I have seen this.

007fl

Reaction score
excellent write up. looks fantastic. looks like that will be my next mod.
I take it this hangs in the factory hanger?? good support??

OP
OP

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks sickk, how much did they run you? I might actually get the same thing if they alter the sound but not too loud!

Thanks for the good write up btw.

I payed 90$ shipped, but then again their warehouse is about 45 min away from my house so shipping was only 5 bucks or so. And about the noise, it is seriously very minimal it gives u a bit of a rumble but its dead quite inside. I had a duel flowmaster on my truck before this and I hated how loud it was, this is seriously PERFECT

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

excellent write up. looks fantastic. looks like that will be my next mod.
I take it this hangs in the factory hanger?? good support??

Yup, it hangs right where factory resonator hangs. It is a great mod!

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
btw, 1sikyukon is there a way you can get a picture of your tails lit up? i'm getting LED's but i'm starting to consider getting them smoked.

OP
OP

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can you find this for 90 bucks shipped?

Thanks,
D

I called them directly, their phone number is on their website www.volant.com. See what they can do for you.

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

btw, 1sikyukon is there a way you can get a picture of your tails lit up? i'm getting LED's but i'm starting to consider getting them smoked.

Here are a few shots:

DSC05017-NOPLATES.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

THEY ARE STILL REALLY BRIGHT! LIKE REALLY REALLY BRIGHT! YOU SHOULD DEFF GET THEM SMOKED OUT! ITS ONE OF THE MODS I GET A LOT OF COMPLIMENTS ON! FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ANY ? bro

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really think I'm gonna smoke mine. Like get red ones but tint them JUST in case I wanna go back. Then I'll paint my rear bowtie black (but leave the chrome ring) and it'll look SICK. :D

BTW where do you get those reverse and license plate lights? I bought some "cool blue" LED's for my license plate lights and they're single-LED shit that's worse than stock lights.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

OH and I'm assuming your tails are the Gen 3 right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cateyeburb

Latest posts