Volant Super Tips: pics and write up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really think I'm gonna smoke mine. Like get red ones but tint them JUST in case I wanna go back. Then I'll paint my rear bowtie black (but leave the chrome ring) and it'll look SICK. :D

BTW where do you get those reverse and license plate lights? I bought some "cool blue" LED's for my license plate lights and they're single-LED shit that's worse than stock lights.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

OH and I'm assuming your tails are the Gen 3 right?

I got the reverse lights and license plate lights off ebay and yes they are the Gen 3 tails...

curly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can say that I have received yet another mod that I even hate to put on a vehicle (especially under it). I got my resonator delete today and I must say that it is a top grade piece :leghump:. I'll be glad when the wife gets back with the Tahoe so we can have it put it on (will be welding it so 'sticky fingered' people won't be able to help themselves to it)!

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sweet. How much did the reverse/license plate bulbs run you?

I also wonder if there's a way to wire the tails to illuminate only 1 row of LED's at night (without brake/turn), like the stock Esky's.

Bowtye8

Reaction score
I was looking to get that tip. Claims it will not work with a 6.2l 09 Tahoe LTZ.
My neighbor has a 07 5.3L I will try to look at his to see how close the match is compared to mine(09 tahoe 6.2L)

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah the exhaust is probably different for yours. My mom's Escalade and my dad's Denali both have a bigger exhaust tip than my 5.3L Tahoe.

007fl

Reaction score
I was looking to get that tip. Claims it will not work with a 6.2l 09 Tahoe LTZ.
My neighbor has a 07 5.3L I will try to look at his to see how close the match is compared to mine(09 tahoe 6.2L)

Yea, and Volant's website says the one for 6.2L is out of stock. :(

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing this Tuesday. Good write up for anyone doing a resonator delete/replacing stock tip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ynamot

Latest posts