Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
swathdiver..... Maybe check out the Garlit's website... There usually are events there. possibility He attends?

Call the museum... the people there are friendly.... maybe they can suggest a day to meet Don when he is there ( I know it is a drive to get there).....

I dug up a couple photos showing Don, visiting our Nitro Funny Car pits, repairing a brake line that failed earlier and caused him to run his battery dragster into the grassy fields.... Notice the multiple cameras at left of one of the photos ( I didn't notice the cameramen until I looked at the pic)

( This was about 3 years ago....Bradenton drag strip event / 20 minutes from my home)

Don is in good health BTW....

IMG_20150417_151713400.jpg IMG_20150417_151742199.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
swathdiver..... Maybe check out the Garlit's website... There usually are events there. possibility He attends?

Call the museum... the people there are friendly.... maybe they can suggest a day to meet Don when he is there ( I know it is a drive to get there).....

I dug up a couple photos showing Don, visiting our Nitro Funny Car pits, repairing a brake line that failed earlier and caused him to run his battery dragster into the grassy fields.... Notice the multiple cameras at left of one of the photos ( I didn't notice the cameramen until I looked at the pic)

( This was about 3 years ago....Bradenton drag strip event / 20 minutes from my home)

Don is in good health BTW....

View attachment 250145 View attachment 250146

Yep, was on his site recently and am planning a specific trip to his place instead of trying to drop in while passing by. Thanks again for the information.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago we put on the GM Accessory Splash Guards aka Mud Flaps and below are some photos. The fronts are 19212819 and the rear set are 19212824. These are black textured with GMC logo on rear ones. They are shorter than Weathertech and longer than Husky. While they do overlap the body, these are the newer design with a thin piece of flexible plastic that spaces them away so they don't ruin the paint like the earlier part numbers did. I think they look just right.

IMG_4261.JPG IMG_4278.JPG

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago we put on the GM Accessory Splash Guards aka Mud Flaps and below are some photos. The fronts are 19212819 and the rear set are 19212824. These are black textured with GMC logo on rear ones. They are shorter than Weathertech and longer than Husky. While they do overlap the body, these are the newer design with a thin piece of flexible plastic that spaces them away so they don't ruin the paint like the earlier part numbers did. I think they look just right.

View attachment 250183 View attachment 250185
I had them on my hoe james, there is a line on both fenders and on both sides of the bumper cover. Maybe the salty goodness from the roads up here didn’t help but be careful.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had them on my hoe james, there is a line on both fenders and on both sides of the bumper cover. Maybe the salty goodness from the roads up here didn’t help but be careful.

Thanks Pete, I remember you talking about that but thought they were the older style. Really only wanted them for the front to keep water and sand off the running boards but thought she'd look a little funny without the rears. How long did it take for them to mark up the fenders?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broke a record yesterday. Least expensive cost per mile for a tank of fuel yet, twelve cents a mile. This was a transition tank, E15 on top of remnants of E85 for 36% alcohol content. That tank averaged 14.4 MPG.

Filled up with more E15 and somehow wound up with 9% alcohol content. Truck got better than 16 MPG at 85+ MPH for forty miles. .
i'm averaging 18MPG in the city in M4 V8 mode(risk is too high stalling in "Drive" for only 2 mpg more)
still can get 26mpg on the highway since it's over 30mph

18mpg is not too bad for v8 mode 6.0L

I bet none of those 1500hd/2500 6.0l can get that much in the city or highway. might only touch 10-13hyw mpg or so...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442