Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
( Sad up-date)...... My most wonderful old boss, and close friend, since the mid '70's, Howard Arneson just passed away on the evening of 6/15. Google him....
He just turned 99 yrs old and I just talked with him last week.... He still seemed like he was 50 years old.
He had no medical issues..... He was a happy guy at the very end. RIP

sidearnie.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
( Sad up-date)...... My most wonderful old boss, and close friend, since the mid '70's, Howard Arneson just passed away on the evening of 6/15. Google him....
He just turned 99 yrs old and I just talked with him last week.... He still seemed like he was 50 years old.

View attachment 250269
Always sad to lose such a good friend. My condolences Pete.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 250269

Loved watching his drives in action. We just lost another aunt to lung cancer as well. She was saved the bible's way and is now home with the Lord. Our prayers are that her children and their children will someday join her in Glory.

Forgive me Peter, hearing about Arneson made me think of my aunt and I forgot to offer my condolences and prayers to you and yours. Losing a friend is never easy.

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 250269
Sorry for your loss.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before I go to sleep tonight.....( It's going to be tough to fall asleep )..
Howard's last awesome 4,600 HP turbine boat.... He would take me out for a ride, just because I was visiting him......( He'd say), " Oh, good!! I have a reason to take it out for a spin!"
I will surely miss him.....

View attachment 250285
RIP Howard. Hope you can get some sleep too mountie.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
upload_2020-6-20_4-36-28.png

These are the statistics extrapolated from the filling stations we've pumped fuel from since the log started in October of 2017.

While it looks like Chevron delivers a solid 1 MPG over Mobil, it must be noted that the average speed for Mobil is 5.65 MPH slower. The data in green is skewed by the one time visits to Marathon and Shell.

upload_2020-6-20_4-49-36.png

Last year we were able to shop a little smarter for fuel and minimize our fuel costs. Compared with 2018, we paid .54 cents less per gallon on average for fuel. Another way to look at it, we went from paying twenty-three cents a mile to seventeen cents a mile. That's $18 back in our pockets for every 300 miles driven, which adds up to some real money.

I was reminded that in March of 2019 we also installed the drag reduction clips on the front brakes and noticed an improvement in mpgs. Guess I have an excuse to make another chart or graph!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick