Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
James: Do we need to do an intervention with you and battery chargers?

My battery minder is back on my Denali....

At least I don't collect them like that other guy! Just have the new style and the old school which we've had for about twenty or so years.

BTW - we got a ton of rain here in Naples.

I'm an hour north of you.... I got a 1/2 ton.

I just ordered my Powerstop front - rotors/red calipers & pads..... Also ordered my S.S. brake lines from Russell Performance.
Goodie!!!

View attachment 246008

Lots of rain Thursday, thunder and lightning right over the house again, freaking out the dogs. Clear skies for the rest of this week and next, cool weather too! Going to work on the garage first and then the truck which my wife has been driving while we work on hers.

Today is the first anniversary of our dog Dasher's passing. Boy do I miss him!

He's in the middle here just days before we had to put him down.

20190422_112818.jpg

A man couldn't ask for a finer, more loyal dog.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
At least I don't collect them like that other guy! Just have the new style and the old school which we've had for about twenty or so years.

Lots of rain Thursday, thunder and lightning right over the house again, freaking out the dogs. Clear skies for the rest of this week and next, cool weather too! Going to work on the garage first and then the truck which my wife has been driving while we work on hers.

Today is the first anniversary of our dog Dasher's passing. Boy do I miss him!

He's in the middle here just days before we had to put him down.

View attachment 246048

A man couldn't ask for a finer, more loyal dog.
Can't believe it's been a year since.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't believe it's been a year since.

Me neither. He kept the peace between the others, was training the younger one on the right. Soon after he passed, the two girls there got into a fight and the little one lost an eye. And she lost her good eye, now she's almost blind. The youngest has finally calmed down and assumed the role of a couch potato hound dog. Before, she was so hyper you couldn't even pet her on the head. She still has a keen eye and want to hunt though.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today my daughter and I went to install the 2-Way Advanced Remote Start spoken about earlier. We disassembled the interior and noticed that it had been taken apart before and not put back together properly. One of the plastic pins on the main panel was bent almost 90 degrees and surprised that it wasn't broken. There was also a type of seal that acted as a cushion between the rear glass and the panel and probably also serves to keep dirt and sound out. Well, this piece was loose, the sticker had long since lost its stickiness.

Once the truck was apart, we installed the new antenna and RCDLR, ran the Tech-2 on the truck and then went to the PC and downloaded the software. First time it gave an error, a type of mismatch error. So we did it again but this time instead of a replace and program it was a reprogram because the new module was already installed.

Well, this didn't work either. Three error codes came up tied to a part number that I'm not familiar with and cannot locate, Utility 19213685. Under the number it said, Line 06 Operation 27 Errorcode 35. Don't know what any of that means.

The Tech-2 was hooked up to shore power, the truck's battery was at 69% State of Charge and almost 12 volts. Started fine, no error codes but maybe the voltage was the culprit? Anyhow, it was too late in the day to call ACDelco, may do that tomorrow.

Weather is great, kids have been chomping at the bit to get out so my helpers have left me for the beaches and fun.

Last edited:

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
swathdiver..... It seems to me, you should park your Tech 2 up in the attic for a while...:)

That tool is giving you time away from your golf game !!

It reminds me of a customer suggesting a transmission temp gauge... I told him you wouldn't want to stare at it all day long... It will scare the crap outta you!!.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Learning the hard way.

The Tech-2 has two PCMCIA slots and the card is supposed to be installed in the upper slot, closest to the screen. On my Tech-2, the door doesn't open enough to remove the card easily, it's a real chore with some bending going on, the door is metal even. Well, somewhere along the way I moved the card to the lower slot for ease of removal and forgot about it.

When I first got the machine, it could be used on our Pontiac Montana, later on it could not. The other day I went to help out some fellow members from this forum and the Tech-2 could not talk to any of their GMT-800 trucks or their car. Upon returning home, the machine was put through the paces with the self tests and the VCI at first seemed suspect. The VCI will fail many of its self tests if the loop back connectors are attached before turning the machine on. If one follows the directions, like I eventually did, the VCI passed them all with flying colors.

I then took the machine apart and moved the card to the upper slot and it would talk to the Montana once again. So apparently, the Tech-2 communicates with the older vehicles through the VCI and the card must be in the upper slot. The GMT-900 platform uses the CANDI module to talk to the computer and the VCI acts as a pass through and apparently the CANDI doesn't care which slot you are using.

Hope this helps as I saw nothing written about it on the internet.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just changed the TB on my 2017 Camaro SS (LT1 engine).

WOW....improved throttle response. Tony mamo in Cali does CNC the OE and its not cheap but the throttle lag is gone...

He really opens up the throat so it flows more at lower throttle openings....View attachment 248548

Interesting, you going to put one on the Denali too? The lazy throttle is one thing that always bothered me about these drive by wire motors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts