Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel prices coming down, E85 is $1.79 at one local station not too far away. Lots of maintenance planned and in the works along with some mods.

Received as a gift the Inclination Sensor, 22962506. Then picked up the companion Shock Sensor from ShopChevroletParts, 17800431. They have about 298 left in stock.

Third engine oil sample should come back any day now.
those sensors should set the alarm off right?

just torque them to 120ft lb no one can take it off Not even a professional shop.. they had to use a 10ft breaker bar. to get it off (took two people)

Where did you find them?

these
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_oaa=1&_dcat=50455&_fsrp=1&_nkw=mud+flaps+tahoe++2007&_sacat=0&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0&Brand=General%20Motors

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck sat until yesterday and the start up state of charge was back up to 63%. I unplugged all the USB adapters and the 12v adapter for the dash cam which has red light on it.

Ok, so two tanks of gas ago I filled her up with 93 octane from Chevron and two of their bottles of Techron. That tank had a lot of idling on it but still managed an average of 15.4 MPG with an alcohol content of 12%.

Then we refueled down south at another Chevron with 93 again (6%). On the trip north to home, the MPGs were 19.3 MPG by the time we pulled into the driveway. I've NEVER EVER NEVER seen fuel economy like that in this thing. We even hit some traffic and switched highways because of an accident.

Yesterday afternoon we made the same run down south and back north again in the evening. By the time we hit the highway she was reading 18.8 and struggling to stay there at 71 mph. But when I sped up to 73-74 the mpgs quickly climbed into the 19s and arrived at Grandma's at 19.3 MPG again. Somebody pinch me!

All that testing back in '17 and '18 never revealed a hint of this. My SV6 Montana gets better mileage the faster it goes but never seen that from this truck. On the way home however, my hopes were shattered, no matter how fast or slow I drove, the average mpgs kept dropping until it read 18.0 in the driveway. Still a record though.

Truck has some leaks and weeping underneath and have been slowly collecting parts and tools to replace seals and lines while watching the fluid levels. Still not enough to even mark up the driveway. Hope to get to it soon while the weather remains cool and hopefully stays dry.

Santa Claus has thus far gifted the truck an Inclination Sensor (17800432/22962506) for Christmas.

Merry Christmas fellas!
19.3 is pretty good I managed to do 31.5MPG on a 170 miles trip not too bad for 6.0L engine 99.8% ICE I went a bit faster i think my average speed was 75MPH peaked at 95mph on downhills (but evened out on the up hill side to 65ish)

I think with some Aero Mods it can get 40MPG I know gas is super cheap [right now 3.179 for 91oct] just a bit worried about stuff flying off the suv o_O if i was to do so

I was thinking of putting wheel splats as the first Aero mod...

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother found PREMIUM in Georgia for $ 1.99 at a Costco
pretty good 3.17 is smogfornia gas it will bottom out at 1.99 or so

the cheapest regular fuel is $2.59 at sams club & costco for "random gas"..??

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you find them?

Eventually both pairs came from ebay. WorldPartDirect for the rears, these sell everywhere, even Walmart. The other pair was from a private party.

I have fixed running boards, these are the matt black pebbled ones, not painted to match. 19212819 and 19212824

those sensors should set the alarm off right?

just torque them to 120ft lb no one can take it off Not even a professional shop.. they had to use a 10ft breaker bar. to get it off (took two people)

Not sure what you're referring to. My wheels torque to 140 ft lbs and my girls can get them loose with a breaker bar with some effort. The main thing is the shock sensor will alert if the bum breaks the rear glass to steal the seats and if someone tries to tow the truck the alarm will activate.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is something called
THE GALLON CARD lets you lock in your gas price when you pay inadvance (huge steal as it can rise to 4-5$ a gallon again) i heard about some guy on the news bought a few thousand in advanced when it was a dollar 1.20 a gallon

Last edited:

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Least expensive stations around here are the Sam's Clubs and they are at $2.21 right now for 93. There's a Mobil across town at 2.63 and everyone else is still much higher.

Costco in Naples 2.05 according to Gas Buddy....

We filled the boat up at Naples City Dock yesterday 2.75 for REC 90..... never seen it that cheap.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Least expensive stations around here are the Sam's Clubs and they are at $2.21 right now for 93. There's a Mobil across town at 2.63 and everyone else is still much higher.
Premium
$3.35 at the local mobil station best deal in town for premium fuel for (Top Tier)..

i think right now the stations are taking advantage of the low delivery prices to price gouge (except for sams club/costco )

i dont' have a membership though..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT

Latest posts