Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome back!

All this time I thought you were away on a missionary trip or something. I'm nosy and can't help but to pry, but you made it sound like it was an unplanned and sudden uprooting. I hope it wasn't due to unfortunate circumstances, but am glad you're back in a home and present.

It was all that Chris, all while I was going through more new medical issues and therapy to boot! But my family and I leaned on the Lord and He provided and gave us the strength to get through all the trials and obstacles thrown our way. I had to cancel the physical therapy which I just rescheduled for after Thanksgiving but did make sure I went to the sleep study, it was nice to sleep in a clean bed without the dogs! For most of the time we stayed in hotels and boy was that expensive. Tried to cook in the rooms on the cook tops and I kept setting off the smoke detectors. Dogs were a royal pain. Then we split up and put the dogs with a private kennel, almost as expensive as the hotel!

Wish I'd had time to install the air lift springs for the towing but the truck did great without them. I'm just guessing, but I reckon the tow weights were between 4,000 and 6,000 pounds without a weight distribution hitch. The max tongue weight with a weight carrying hitch (how we towed) is 600 pounds with a 5K max weight. With a WDH the numbers are 1000 pounds and 7900 pounds respectively. So if I was at 5,600 pounds, that would've been the max ratings. And yes, when hauling, if the seats weren't filled with helpers, they were full of boxes and our most fragile items, like this computer. So the truck was loaded to the max as well. Didn't phase it a bit. It would have been nice to hit the scales but they were too far away and time was precious.

This makes me wonder how loaded my buddy tows with his 2016 Savana 2500. With a WDH he can tow near 10,000 pounds but with the bumper he's limited to a 400 pound tongue weight and 4,000 pounds max. Oh, and by the way, we checked his ball and it is 2-5/16" and his Reese drop mount hitch is limited to 5,000 pounds. I doubt his van with the 6.0 L96 will ever notice.

And did I mention the "industry standard" double square bits for the fasteners?

Reaction score
A couple weekends ago we spent the weekend visiting my son at Mizzou in Columbia, MO. There were more E85 options (E15, E30) at the pumps there than what I find locally near me in St. Louis County.

Here's a pic of some of the pumps out there....

34e99c726952743f21db562514659d6a.jpg

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple weekends ago we spent the weekend visiting my son at Mizzou in Columbia, MO. There were more E85 options (E15, E30) at the pumps there than what I find locally near me in St. Louis County.

Here's a pic of some of the pumps out there....

34e99c726952743f21db562514659d6a.jpg

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm seeing more options around here too. The station I regularly get E85 from, a Sunoco, also sells E15 and E30. Across town, a new Sunoco opened and they sell only E15, E85 and 87 octane gasoline.

At that price for E85 in your photo Tom, my truck would be almost as economical to drive on the highway as my daughter's Kia! How's the new truck?

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upon further reflection of Tom's photo of the pump options, I wonder what the thinking is behind E15 and E30? E15 would only make sense if there was little to no loss in mpgs compared with 87. I'm going to ask my daughter to run a tank of that in her Kia Spectra and see if and how if affects her mileage and range.

E30 for us would certainly extend our range over E85 and still be knock free and still a lot less expensive than 87 in that photo. Around here, high test, 93, can be had from the local Sam's Club for $2.749 a gallon while the least expensive Mobil is still $3.229.

Did you try any of that stuff Tom?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I bought E85, at the one and only place around here that sells it, for $1.979 the other day. Time before that was $1.989.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that didn't go as planned!

We were supposed to pull one of our vans into the backyard until Spring. My girls, hard, industrious workers, couldn't quite get the hang of steering a car backwards. Instead of turning off the driveway and lining up alongside the house, they got perpendicular to it, almost taking out the neighbors fence and trapping me in the backyard with the Yukon. I had to come around the other side where the septic tank and drain field are located, half into the brush of the empty lot to avoid damage to the air dam and bumper while traversing the drainage ditch.

They guided me out of it. Now I had to pull the van sideways and back onto the driveway. They put the tow strap through both front tires (I know) and then I pulled. Course, one of the straps was on the valve stem and we quickly lost air in left side tire. We used the other van to push it back onto the driveway more and straighten it out for now. I love my girls but having a young man around sure would've been helpful tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2