Upper control arm rubbing BAD w/ RC & CCM

N

• N

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping that the e can give me some advice here

13 Tahoe z71 4wd
2.5” CCM front leveling kit
RC 19401 upper control arms
Goodyear Duratrac 285-65r18
Factory z71 wheels

I noticedd this weekend the inside sidewalks of my front tires are getting destroyed. Apparently the UCA is rubbing like hell when I turn left or right. It starts at About 3/4 to full lock when turning.

I didn’t see anything on the installation requirements or notes about specific backspacing, or anything other than a 2.5-3.5} and 7” lift only working with these UCA

I can’t be the only one with this problem ....

If it keeps up, i will end up blowing a tire. Suggestions?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoping that the e can give me some advice here

13 Tahoe z71 4wd
2.5” CCM front leveling kit
RC 19401 upper control arms
Goodyear Duratrac 285-65r18
Factory z71 wheels

I noticedd this weekend the inside sidewalks of my front tires are getting destroyed. Apparently the UCA is rubbing like hell when I turn left or right. It starts at About 3/4 to full lock when turning.

I didn’t see anything on the installation requirements or notes about specific backspacing, or anything other than a 2.5-3.5} and 7” lift only working with these UCA

I can’t be the only one with this problem ....

If it keeps up, i will end up blowing a tire. Suggestions?
Did you contact the mfr of the control arms? You should not have to add spacers to a stock wheel but if they’re no help you probably have no choice.

OP
OP
M

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did contact rough country. They suggested 1/4” spacers.
So I purchased a set of 1/4” and a set of 2”

the 1/4” spacers didn’t help at all. The 2” RC spacers worked but I am going to have to do some heavy trimming for it to fit.
I returned all the RC spacers - they are lugcentric and felt cheap

I ordered a set of 2” BORA SPACERS.

the only other alternative is remove the RC upper control arms and run factory delco ARMS. the 2.5” CCM leveling kit puts them at a horrible angle and the Tahoe rides like shit.

The cheapest option at this time was 4 spacers. I’ll swap the wheels out in a few years when the tires are due to be replaced.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did contact rough country. They suggested 1/4” spacers.
So I purchased a set of 1/4” and a set of 2”

the 1/4” spacers didn’t help at all. The 2” RC spacers worked but I am going to have to do some heavy trimming for it to fit.
I returned all the RC spacers - they are lugcentric and felt cheap

I ordered a set of 2” BORA SPACERS.

the only other alternative is remove the RC upper control arms and run factory delco ARMS. the 2.5” CCM leveling kit puts them at a horrible angle and the Tahoe rides like shit.

The cheapest option at this time was 4 spacers. I’ll swap the wheels out in a few years when the tires are due to be replaced.
There are options between 1/4” and 2” spacers, why not go with something in between and maybe you won’t have to trim so much?

OP
OP
M

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the 2" spacers turned at full lock, i had about 1/2" clearance between the UCA and the sidewall.

Rough country is blaming the CCM 2.1 lift and not their upper control arms.

I didn't have this issue with the factory UCA, as soon as I switched to the RC, the rubbing started.

OP
OP
M

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a set of bora spacers

nowi just need to find a set of midnight edition wheels.

OP
OP
M

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Mighty Hd Hey man how do you like the 2.5 CCM lift and the RC control arm combo? I am thinking of doing the same thing in the future.

I'm pretty pleased with it so far. I only did the front 2.5 -- the front sits about 1/2-1" higher than the rear and does not have the *** sag. No issues towing moderate loads.

I'm iffy on the control arms. It most certainly improved the ride quality, however the tires rubbed super bad at 3/4 - full lock. That required an additional $300+ for 2" bora wheel spacers as I'm not ready for aftermarket wheels just yet.

The 2" wheel spacers then required cutting the lower front bumper, zip-tying back the wheel well liner and a norcal mod. Once that was completed, no more issues.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty pleased with it so far. I only did the front 2.5 -- the front sits about 1/2-1" higher than the rear and does not have the *** sag. No issues towing moderate loads.

I'm iffy on the control arms. It most certainly improved the ride quality, however the tires rubbed super bad at 3/4 - full lock. That required an additional $300+ for 2" bora wheel spacers as I'm not ready for aftermarket wheels just yet.

The 2" wheel spacers then required cutting the lower front bumper, zip-tying back the wheel well liner and a norcal mod. Once that was completed, no more issues.
@Mighty Hd Thanks for the response, I already have 1.5 or 1.75 inch spacers on my factory 20 inch wheels so hopefully that is enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt