Upgrading my brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, awesome. thank you. I either emailed or PM'd you last night...you can ignore that as my questions are answered now.

How do I save 15% on an order? I click the link in your sig but Im not seeing it.

Thanks again!

Yes Sir, you can save 15% by using promo code HAVOC through midnight tonight.

I looked up the part number on hawk's site and gave them a call this morning. They are sending the correct pads out. R1 couldn't find the correct part number. I had to look it up. Strange. Are there different calipers on a z71?

I'm not sure who you talked to at R1 about your issue, but I received a call back from my rep (Monday's are always hectic). He was able to look up the correct part numbers for the front and rear Hawk pads for your Tahoe. The part numbers I was given are listed below. I do have another question, did you place your order through their website, over the phone or otherwise? As always, I am here to help with all R1Concepts related questions, concerns, issues or whatever the case.

2005 Chevy Tahoe Z71 Hawk Pads
Front Part Number (Sub Model Designator D785) HB323 F.724
Rear Part Number (Sub Model Designator D834) HB385 F640

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris, I originally spoke with you then you had me work with Kory. We had trouble using the promo code so I placed the order via phone with [email protected].

Hawk's website calls for
HB385F.640 Disc Brake Pad; HPS Performance Street w/0.640 Thickness;
HB323F.724 Disc Brake Pad; HPS Performance Street w/0.724 Thickness;

Not sure which is front/rear. R1 sent me HB496 F.640 originally. They were too long they measure out at 7.24 long. They were too long they would not fit in the caliper bracket.
HB385 measure out at 7.22 so almost the same size. HB 323 measure out at 6.97.

The phone rep sent me a return label for the ones I have and is sending out HB 323, looks like these will be wrong as well.

Last edited:

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris, I originally spoke with you then you had me work with Kory. We had trouble using the promo code so I placed the order via phone with [email protected].

Hawk's website calls for
HB385F.640 Disc Brake Pad; HPS Performance Street w/0.640 Thickness;
HB323F.724 Disc Brake Pad; HPS Performance Street w/0.724 Thickness;

Not sure which is front/rear. R1 sent me HB496 F.640 originally. They were too long they measure out at 7.24 long. They were too long they would not fit in the caliper bracket.
HB385 measure out at 7.22 so almost the same size. HB 323 measure out at 6.97.

The phone rep sent me a return label for the ones I have and is sending out HB 323. Hope it works...

I apologize for the inconvenience due to this mixup. Not sure what happened there. It was James I spoke to yesterday to find the correct part numbers for your truck. When you say the phone rep sent a return label, did you mean the phone rep at R1 or Hawk? Just trying to nail down exactly how your return was handled. You didn't have to come out of pocket for anything associated with the return? Also, James and I would like to figure out exactly why your order wound up getting messed up, in doing so, it would help if we could take a look at your original email invoice receipt.

If you don't mind me asking, what trouble did you have with the promo code? I was not made aware of this and would like to ensure that no one else has the same issues if possible.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and information about your issues.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The phone rep at R1. The rep sent me a prepaid UPS label. I think it is in this thread, the memorial day 20% code would not take so Kory sent me to James. Can you look it up by the invoice number or do you need a copy. The number is 101944. If HB 323 is the front I am sure I will have to return those as well.

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The phone rep at R1. The rep sent me a prepaid UPS label. I think it is in this thread, the memorial day 20% code would not take so Kory sent me to James. Can you look it up by the invoice number or do you need a copy. The number is 101944. If HB 323 is the front I am sure I will have to return those as well.

That invoice number will work fine for looking everything up. Since R1 is on the west coast I will have to forward this to James to take a look at it. In the process I will have him verify part numbers, fitment, etc.

Not sure what happened with the promo code, will have to look into that to ensure the current promo codes are working.

natural_one

Reaction score
ordered the premiums and ceramics for all 4 corners. Excited for the upgrade!
Will post pics when installed.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
James gave me a call. He was able to halt the shipment and is going to contact Hawk to make sure what the correct part number would be. James at R1 has been extremely helpfull, great customer service!

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just talked to James and he said he believes that the part numbers are at issue on the Hawk side of things but that he is verifying everything to ensure that everything is lining up on both sides of things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700