Upgrading my brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
James has been updating me. The new pads are in their way from Hawk. I will say again, great customer service.

natural_one

Reaction score
R1 kit came in and they were installed right away, rotors and ceramic pads.
I actually broke them in on my stock wheels and tires as I then put 600 miles on them in two days following on a drive to Lake Powell. Couldn't be happier!
Thanks for the great service, great product and fast shipping!

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 67
  • Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 60

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R1 kit came in and they were installed right away, rotors and ceramic pads.
I actually broke them in on my stock wheels and tires as I then put 600 miles on them in two days following on a drive to Lake Powell. Couldn't be happier!
Thanks for the great service, great product and fast shipping!

Awesome pics! Thank you for sharing!

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tyler, nice truck. I see there is a little rust on the rotor. Did you not shoot a coat of paint on them before install?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2. You have to paint those bad boys. Search rust ring and you will see why.

natural_one

Reaction score
Tyler, nice truck. I see there is a little rust on the rotor. Did you not shoot a coat of paint on them before install?

ehhhh, I definitely didn't. You see rust on the actual brand new rotor?

edit- I guess I see what you mean, as the pic installed was after about 700miles. I never even saw that as a recommended step dammit.

YukonXL_Sequel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you want to check them out, simply click the link in my signature and then use the year make and model look up to find the right parts for your truck. The rotors and pads are sold as an axle set, so when you see the price, that is for two rotors, pads, etc. When going through the shopping cart, use promo code CK10 to receive the 10% off the already ridiculously low pricing.

If you have any questions, concerns or would simply like a little assistance finding what you need, feel free to PM or email me for more information.

Just wanted to get with you and do this brake kit. I've been watching the forums for some time, and am finishing up everything on my truck before the winter gets here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts