Upgraded Steering Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White2010PPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok guys I posted this the other day in the regular forum since I no longer have a PPV Tahoe after it got totaled last month. But I have not even got one reply yet which is concerning considering I got replies on this part of the forum pretty easily.

After my last Tahoe was totaled I picked up a 2008 Tahoe but this one still doesnt have radio controls on it. I know I can get one with the radio controls and just plug and play with it. My question is can I take a steering wheel from a 2014 and up vehicle and swap it onto mine? We have a 2019 Silverado at work and I enjoy the steering wheel on that truck. Can this be done or am I stuck with our year model steering wheels?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I posted this the other day in the regular forum since I no longer have a PPV Tahoe after it got totaled last month. But I have not even got one reply yet which is concerning considering I got replies on this part of the forum pretty easily.

After my last Tahoe was totaled I picked up a 2008 Tahoe but this one still doesnt have radio controls on it. I know I can get one with the radio controls and just plug and play with it. My question is can I take a steering wheel from a 2014 and up vehicle and swap it onto mine? We have a 2019 Silverado at work and I enjoy the steering wheel on that truck. Can this be done or am I stuck with our year model steering wheels?
No, different connections. @cmatt was looking into wiring and making a p&p harness... I think

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, different connections. @cmatt was looking into wiring and making a p&p harness... I think
Still looking into this when time allows. Harness orders and my day job have monopolized my time lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
White2010PPV

White2010PPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it will go on yes, but like noted above you will have to fiddle with the wiring
I havent been able to get hands on with a newer one with the ability to tear it down because thats frowned upon when its a response vehicle at work or something, stupid rules... anyway do yall happen to know if it is the same amount of wires/pins between them? Id be more than happy to play around with some wiring in my spare time if its matching pins on connectors. Im not sure im mechanically inclined to do more than that but who knows.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havent been able to get hands on with a newer one with the ability to tear it down because thats frowned upon when its a response vehicle at work or something, stupid rules... anyway do yall happen to know if it is the same amount of wires/pins between them? Id be more than happy to play around with some wiring in my spare time if its matching pins on connectors. Im not sure im mechanically inclined to do more than that but who knows.
cmatt will likely be posting on it when he has time to work on it more, I know he got it on there and had some stuff done but was having trouble getting the cruise control button to work.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two main issues I’m working on is mapping the circuits over (most match, but a couple GM has different names for a couple - need to see if they are in fact the same). Other is finding the mating connectors to make a pigtail. That way it will be PnP for folks.

Harness orders have increased and are taking up my time. Thankful, though, as it gives more capital to invest in this and other R&D.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The two main issues I’m working on is mapping the circuits over (most match, but a couple GM has different names for a couple - need to see if they are in fact the same). Other is finding the mating connectors to make a pigtail. That way it will be PnP for folks.

Harness orders have increased and are taking up my time. Thankful, though, as it gives more capital to invest in this and other R&D.

Just curious, what all do you currently make harnesses for?..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645