Updated Thermal Control Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info. Do you have the stock tranny cooler? Mine doesnt and I noticed the temp today in the 190s. Isnt there a mod for this too like flip the bean or something?

Nikko28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just installed the updated TCV (thermostat) for my 6L80e. Took about 30 min once I found the correct size sockets and got set up. Trans temp now doesn’t go about 150. Part was about 50 bucks. Part number is 86774933 if anyone is interested. I think it’s well worth it.
My part just came and the new valve didn’t come with the connectors for the tranny line. Did you have to buy new ones? If so, do you have the part number?

OP
OP
Bob2C

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My part just came and the new valve didn’t come with the connectors for the tranny line. Did you have to buy new ones? If so, do you have the part number?
No connectors needed on mine. My tranny lines just push in and get covered with the plate held down by small bolt.

RLC2020

Reaction score
where did you purchase from? Everywhere that I see it there's $15+ for shipping which just seems silly to me. Do we have a promotional code for any parts vendors associated with this forum?

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you purchase from? Everywhere that I see it there's $15+ for shipping which just seems silly to me. Do we have a promotional code for any parts vendors associated with this forum?
i ended up buying mine from eBay for $56 including shipping. The seller is Everett Chevrolet. I got the seal from RockAuto for $2.

What is this chatter about 2015’s having a different fitting? If that’s true then ill have to modify my valve in lieu of using this part. I’ll sell it to somewhere here if it doesn’t fit. I’m curious if they have a version that fits the different style tubing connectors.

RLC2020

Reaction score
I have a 2015 as well and am waiting to order this to see if we need a different part or if this new part can be adapted to use on a 2015 model. Seems odd that they would release a part that doesn't work for just 1 model year.

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 has the lines and plate hold down. If you dont want to upgrade the lines, you could swap the guts out. All you will need is a C-clip tool. Should be C-clip, cover, thermostat pill and spring. I think the TSB that is associated with this says something about the lines being changed out for certain years.

RLC2020

Reaction score
That's a good idea, just changing out the internal components to avoid the coolant line connectors being different. Could someone check when they are about to do the swap to see if the thermostat itself fits in the new and old housings? If they are interchangeable I'll order one and just use my old housing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne