Updated Thermal Control Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed the updated TCV (thermostat) for my 6L80e. Took about 30 min once I found the correct size sockets and got set up. Trans temp now doesn’t go about 150. Part was about 50 bucks. Part number is 86774933 if anyone is interested. I think it’s well worth it.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you read the trans temperature?

Rygrego

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed the updated TCV (thermostat) for my 6L80e. Took about 30 min once I found the correct size sockets and got set up. Trans temp now doesn’t go about 150. Part was about 50 bucks. Part number is 86774933 if anyone is interested. I think it’s well worth it.
Does this Valve use the clips on each cooler line to attach them to the valve or the plate that holds both with one bolt?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
push the dic buttons till you see trans temp.....

I just went through my DIC options and for the life of me could not find trans temp? Found this video here:

At about 11:20 it mentions how when you press the tow/haul mode button the battery voltage gauge turns into a trans temp gauge. Is there a way to keep the trans temp gauge on the DIC or cluster without having to go into tow/haul mode?

Also, I just found out about this new updated TBV (Thermal Bypass Valve). According to the specs this new valve has a full open temperature of 158 F instead of the old one at 194 F. That's a pretty big difference! I'll be swapping to this TBV here soon as well.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just went through my DIC options and for the life of me could not find trans temp? Found this video here:

At about 11:20 it mentions how when you press the tow/haul mode button the battery voltage gauge turns into a trans temp gauge. Is there a way to keep the trans temp gauge on the DIC or cluster without having to go into tow/haul mode?

Also, I just found out about this new updated TBV (Thermal Bypass Valve). According to the specs this new valve has a full open temperature of 158 F instead of the old one at 194 F. That's a pretty big difference! I'll be swapping to this TBV here soon as well.
aah you have the digital cluster, so yes you have to push the tow/haul, on the regular cluster I can set it to display the trans temp all the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne