Updated navigation disks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where can I find an updated disk?

Ebay for cheap ones. The problem is, the last update for the 2011 and earlier was in 2016. I keep emailing GM and Navteq (now called Here!) but maybe we should start a thread and get a bunch of us to hit them with emails every week?

Reaction score
I have emailed HERE repeatedly to no avail. They said they would be happy to produce a new disc if GM authorized it but I think that's BS. I wish someone smarter than me would come up with a hack so we could burn a new disc.

Reaction score
I also wonder if the system can be switched out with a later, hard drive based system from say a 2013? Any ideas on this swathdiver?

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I gave up completely on my nav unit. Even on eBay, update disks were like $50 or more. o_O

Phone is so much easier to use.

I'd actually be curious if someone can articulate an actual advantage of the factory nav system over apps on your smartphone - Google, maps.me, waze, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01