Updated navigation disks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The 12-14 head unit can and do get upgraded.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/nav-radio-upgrade.118760/page-6

9e641b50f902ec72fabe8a4a230bd703.jpg

It’s a huge gouge if you leap into the conversion from a shop that sells them ready to install. Your best bet is to purchase one from c/l, Letgo-Mercari or eBay.

Send your purchase off immediately to have it VIN code matched and checked out for problems. My first purchase of my 11-14 Year Escalade head unit had a DVD/CD eject motor on the way out and had to return it.

Your best bet is to call a wrecker and purchase it out of a vehicle that’s just arrived recently had it pulled. The links in the thread abov will show the additional wire and harness needed.

BTW XM SiriusXM is hurting. I just got 3 years of their best plan plus internet access for $99 for THREE years. They added three years of traffic and weather for $129. They lie, lie, lied about traffic and weather prices as well as pulled a bait and switch on my quoted plan.

If they get it wrong after you pay, immediately get to the cancelation department. They are the only individuals empowered to make it right. All other departments specialize in recycling your call back into the waiting que to do it (wrong) all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone explored switching out a 2012-2014 Tahoe Nav-Bluetooth system with a later model year Tahoe system with better technology and greater functionality?
doesn't really have "greater' functionality still completely archaic, wooh it has bluetooth! big deal you can't even stream from it
get the wireless headunit and you can have waze or google maps going and stream music at the same time, or have front and rear movies or roku, fire stick, chromecast, hell you can even mirror a pc to it if you really wanted to. I have the pioneer nex w8200, maestro rr, does front and rear video in unison or I can have the rear separate or the kids can hook a xbox to it or whatever, threw a hotspot in the center console, good to go the deck has hdmi or we can still use the factory rse composite connections for the rear video, I can have the rear audio on for the rear video or they can use the factory headphones and still have the radio playing in front, the maestro has a obdii interface so any check engine light and the code pops up on the radio, tpms, digital gauges, retains the bose and fade and digital surround.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doesn't really have "greater' functionality still completely archaic, wooh it has bluetooth! big deal you can't even stream from it
get the wireless headunit and you can have waze or google maps going and stream music at the same time, or have front and rear movies or roku, fire stick, chromecast, hell you can even mirror a pc to it if you really wanted to. I have the pioneer nex w8200, maestro rr, does front and rear video in unison or I can have the rear separate or the kids can hook a xbox to it or whatever, threw a hotspot in the center console, good to go the deck has hdmi or we can still use the factory rse composite connections for the rear video, I can have the rear audio on for the rear video or they can use the factory headphones and still have the radio playing in front, the maestro has a obdii interface so any check engine light and the code pops up on the radio, tpms, digital gauges, retains the bose and fade and digital surround.

this sounds pretty legit

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that I can slap in a aftermarket solution and have the latest technology for the basics anyway, that factory radio had to go
I keep telling myself to leave stock alone, cause its works just fine for me, but the map updates and enhanced controls would be nice. i just dont want the sound to change by going aftermarket. Im pretty happy with how the truck sounds

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep telling myself to leave stock alone, cause its works just fine for me, but the map updates and enhanced controls would be nice. i just dont want the sound to change by going aftermarket. Im pretty happy with how the truck sounds
you can use the adapters with the stock amp & speakers, if the amp is in the factory radio then just be sure to get a aftermarket headunit that has it's own amp. On my Denali I still use the stock Bose amp I just added subwoofer's & amp in the back via the rca output from the headunit.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can use the adapters with the stock amp & speakers, if the amp is in the factory radio then just be sure to get a aftermarket headunit that has it's own amp. On my Denali I still use the stock Bose amp I just added subwoofer's & amp in the back via the rca output from the headunit.

Yeah I had and actually still have, the aftermarket nav from my truck sitting int he basement and I used one of the PAC boxes to get the radio to work with the bose in that truck. My only concern with the google car play stuff is I adventure out into a lot of areas where i dont get cell signal, and that would suck a little more if my map went blank suddenly. guess thats why i keep a bunch of paper copies of the areas i travel too anyway