Travieso Forged 6.0 Swap Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGA1215

Reaction score
Very impressive build, sounds awesome! Also I love that Sierra Denali!

OP
OP
Travieso

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Thanks buddy
So here's a little update , Ive put about 300 miles on the truck already and two oil changes truck is running Strong, We are having issues with the 80lbs injectors on idle, I was running lean so we decided to put a kennel bell boost a pump for now till i figure out what I'm gonna do with my OEM Fuel bucket. Don't really want to hack it up,So I'm at the limits of a new fuel system. Truck is still on a break in tune, Still waiting on my tuner to come down He's about 300 miles away.. After that we should see some track times. In the mean time I have a little idle clip for you guys..

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks buddy
So here's a little update , Ive put about 300 miles on the truck already and two oil changes truck is running Strong, We are having issues with the 80lbs injectors on idle, I was running lean so we decided to put a kennel bell boost a pump for now till i figure out what I'm gonna do with my OEM Fuel bucket. Don't really want to hack it up,So I'm at the limits of a new fuel system. Truck is still on a break in tune, Still waiting on my tuner to come down He's about 300 miles away.. After that we should see some track times. In the mean time I have a little idle clip for you guys..
What fuel pump are you running now? Seems a Walbro 450 would work for you. You can use the stock bucket but you'll need an upgrade wiring harness or it will melt the stock wires. There's a guy on pt.net that sells them as well as lots of info on upgrading the fuel system.

OP
OP
Travieso

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
What fuel pump are you running now? Seems a Walbro 450 would work for you. You can use the stock bucket but you'll need an upgrade wiring harness or it will melt the stock wires. There's a guy on pt.net that sells them as well as lots of info on upgrading the fuel system.

Im in a stock Flex Fuel Pump which is equivalent to a 350 ish or so some people say less or more, This is what I've read on performancetruck.net, Do you happen to know the guys name on pt.net? I've been always told that my flex fuel bucket is different then a regular fuel pump since I'm on flex fuel I wouldn't know until i take it out and compare to a stock one.. Either way I will keep boost down for now,until i break in the motor right, eventually when I up the boost I will worry about my fuel but as of right now its happy with the kbbap. Another reason why I dont want to hack the fuel pump buckets because of fuel starvation with anything less than 3/4 tank.

A while back I did have a list of stuff that I had scoped out from racetronix eventually the time will come

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Racetronix is who I was looking at for the wiring harness. I'm not sure about the flexfuel bucket since I didn't need to worry about it. I decided to return the Walbro and harness and leave boost at 8 lbs. I would need alot of other upgrades like a 2bar map sensor, boost controlled fpr, 2 bar tune, plus pump and injectors. Plus I'd probably start breaking other stuff in the drivetrain with any more power. It's fast enough especially for a DD.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in a stock Flex Fuel Pump which is equivalent to a 350 ish or so some people say less or more, This is what I've read on performancetruck.net, Do you happen to know the guys name on pt.net? I've been always told that my flex fuel bucket is different then a regular fuel pump since I'm on flex fuel I wouldn't know until i take it out and compare to a stock one.. Either way I will keep boost down for now,until i break in the motor right, eventually when I up the boost I will worry about my fuel but as of right now its happy with the kbbap. Another reason why I dont want to hack the fuel pump buckets because of fuel starvation with anything less than 3/4 tank.

A while back I did have a list of stuff that I had scoped out from racetronix eventually the time will come

Atomic has a write up if the differences between the buckets.
Hopefully, weather permitting, I'll be dropping my tank today and installing the 450 and my wideband.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlitefan

Latest posts