Transmission problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your truck is 8 lug it should have a 4l80 in it. I use dex 6 in mine. It's backwards compatible but dex 3 should not be used after using dex 6.

As far as the lean codes if it's both banks I would look at replacing the intake gasket with a quality felpro one. The truck may feel sluggish if it's leaning out from unmetered air in the intake and shift quality will suffer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
Found out i need much less fluid. Thanks for the intake idea. I will have that checked. Just need time in the next couple weeks and after changing all the drivetrain fluids and filter we will see how much of an improvement there will be. Checked the records and i can see dates where fluid was added but never changed.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what the hell! you have 4WS?? that's badass. people love those trucks. I would be bragging about that.
I know. Odd. I didnt expect it. It was an option. Until i saw a fuse for it didnt know it had 4ws.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know. Odd. I didnt expect it. It was an option. Until i saw a fuse for it didnt know it had 4ws.

You probably don't have Quadrasteer then. It's VERY conspicuous.

image.jpeg

I know I wouldn't mistake this ^ for traction control, even if I was from Mars or otherwise.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out i need much less fluid. Thanks for the intake idea. I will have that checked. Just need time in the next couple weeks and after changing all the drivetrain fluids and filter we will see how much of an improvement there will be. Checked the records and i can see dates where fluid was added but never changed.

Check trans fluid with engine warm up to temp and running.

Have any pics of the truck? Sounds like a really rare one.

OP
OP
S

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check trans fluid with engine warm up to temp and running.

Have any pics of the truck? Sounds like a really rare one.

I do actually. I will check the fluid with engine up to temp. Last I checked it was good.
bb08aade14c480c4cc9764892ee39a94.jpg

OP
OP
S

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am doing the fluids change this week I hope. Had a delay so I didn't get it done yet.

I bought full synthetic fluids for transmission and differentials as well found the transfer case takes Trans fluid as well.

Yes I was surprised myself that it has 4 wheel steering. I am not sure but think the 4 wheel steering was only available on the Denali trim of these. Might have only been on XL cause it turns like a Tank!

OP
OP
S

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 197942

I know I wouldn't mistake this ^ for traction control, even if I was from Mars or otherwise.
Well I could be mistaken but then why would a fuse have leads and it states 4 wheel steering? Plus it comes up when running the Vin code?
I would think that vehicle isn't the same year as mine. I have also seen vehicles without a switch that have 4 wheel steering.

Besides the older ones don't turn the wheels a heck of a lot anyways. Well in any case I am just dealing with the problems the vehicle has.

All my information does suggest it has this feature, although if it doesn't no big deal.

OP
OP
S

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 197942

I will also mention my owners manual does NOT refer to it as Quadra steer. As well in the Vin code lookup it states 4 wheel steering. I think this one was before they made a better system perhaps and gave it the Quadra steer name. Oh well can't wait to change the fluids.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If memory serves, only the Suburban and Yukon XL had Quadratrac, not the short ones.

Just saw your new post above, the digital owner's manual does now call it Quadrasteer, go figure. Page 4-16.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 197942

Ok smart ass I get the point. Now let us talk realistically. One I understand what traction control is and 4 wheel steering. 2 there have been vehicles with 4 wheel steering that believe it or not, we're deployed WITHOUT a large button to turn it off. Also I can read. Now that I have decided you are not part of this conversation. Let the rest of us alone kindly as we have adult conversation, intelligent things to say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick