Trade 16 for 19?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given the current used car prices, I’m starting to think about updating. I have a 16 2wd with 55,700 miles. In great shape, I always take good care of my cars. Hasn’t ever given me anything to complain about.
Wife and I were driving home from dinner tonight and saw a 19 4wd, 100k certified, 17,600 miles for $41,500 at a local dealer. I know the GM at the dealer, will likely get it closer to the 40 mark.
Opinions are welcome. Is it worth it? Or just keep and enjoy mine. (I’m thinking mine will bring in $33.5k if I sell it)

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides the 19 being newer and less miles, did they really change much within the same body style?

IMO I probably wouldn’t do it. Unless it was something like going from a base model with no features and upgrading to something like a Denali with bigger engine and more features etc..

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking and why I’m looking for opinions. Other than newer, lower miles and warranty, nothing new that I don’t already have. (I’m in MI yet never once have I wished for 4wd, so that’s a wash). But then again, newer, lower miles and warranty... lol. You can see why I’m thinking about it

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given the current used car prices, I’m starting to think about updating. I have a 16 2wd with 55,700 miles. In great shape, I always take good care of my cars. Hasn’t ever given me anything to complain about.
Wife and I were driving home from dinner tonight and saw a 19 4wd, 100k certified, 17,600 miles for $41,500 at a local dealer. I know the GM at the dealer, will likely get it closer to the 40 mark.
Opinions are welcome. Is it worth it? Or just keep and enjoy mine. (I’m thinking mine will bring in $33.5k if I sell it)
That’s a steal for a 19 with that miles.

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking and why I’m looking for opinions. Other than newer, lower miles and warranty, nothing new that I don’t already have. (I’m in MI yet never once have I wished for 4wd, so that’s a wash). But then again, newer, lower miles and warranty... lol. You can see why I’m thinking about it
And check sites like Carvana, Carmax and Vroom for numbers on your 2WD, you might be surprised.

George100

Reaction score
One thing i would look at is the 4wd, not so much because it is, but what the 4wd offers in addition, unless of course you have it, you will probably get the trailer controller, the 3.48 rear axle ratio. Maybe not enough to change but the low miles do look enticing.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personal preference here but if the 2019 has the 10sp transmission that would probably be enough to convince me to pull the trigger. I had a '16 LTZ with the 6sp and it was a solid performer but IMHO the 10sp is flat out better.

Agree on the comments regarding 2wd vs 4wd as well...

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personal preference here but if the 2019 has the 10sp transmission that would probably be enough to convince me to pull the trigger. I had a '16 LTZ with the 6sp and it was a solid performer but IMHO the 10sp is flat out better.

Agree on the comments regarding 2wd vs 4wd as well...
For that price, I doubt it is a Denali (6.2L/10sp)

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It’s a 19 with the same 5.3/6speed I have now. And yes, it does have the trailer package w/integrated control, which is great since I tow 3-4 times per year to various car shows and track events. I have a $32.5k offer from carvana on mine, which is good enough for me to avoid the hassle of dealing with a private sale (I bought mine in July of 18 for $700 more than carvana’s current offer and have put 34k miles on it since).
I’ll keep you guys posted.

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked at it and drove it. One owner, older GM retiree. It is spotless. One pinhead size stone chip on the lower front facia. Had a buddy at GM pull the warranty and history report, nothing bad to mention there. Throwing in brand new GM liners all around, mid 42 out the door. Can’t find another one close to the price. I’ll poo or get off the pot soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17