TPMS Relearn 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kentman

Reaction score
I do my own rotations, and I use the tool. Annoying, but works fine. GM needs to get away from the whole tool thing going forward. Such wasted time and money across the board for no good reason.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprised a tool is required at all. Has any tried adding or letting air in/out of each tire until the horn honks? Been doing this on other vehicles but haven't had the chance yet on this newer truck. Guess i'll be testing that in a few thousand miles unless someone else chimes in whose tried it.

kentman

Reaction score
Haven't tried it, but I believe that it should work. I bought the tool immediately when I figured out the situation.

k_arnold72

Reaction score
Old thread, I know, but I didn't feel like this question warrants a whole new one.

Does the orientation of the tpms sensors matter? In reference to a 2018 Tahoe. Does the white part need to be facing up? Right now I have them down, but have not mounted tires yet. I ask because I saw a video on the learning process where some of the sensors were difficult to read.

Attachments

• 20231017_140543.jpg
    20231017_140543.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 5

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Mounted all mine sideways in two sets of wheels and never had any trouble. I put the tps tool against the sidewall next to valve stem when programming. Not sure it matters but works every time

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worked on my 16 k2xxx I reckon
Good to know. Bought the tool off eBay for $15 when I purchased my ‘13 tahoe new because I thought I read on here that deflate/inflate didn’t work anymore. Use it on my k2 also, makes quick work of rotating and resetting. Def worth the money back then…especially when i don’t get around to rotating until winter because it’s ‘hot in the summer’…..:)

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inflate/Deflate did not work on my 2019. I bought the tool for around $10 some years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts